Ratings for Dr. Mary Christine Yankaskas

This doctor is indeed dismissive and uninterested. I chose the doc due to her previous ratings and experience with perimenopause. It was a bad choice as her approach is very cold. She spent MY appointment berating me about my weight, then prescribed birth control pills for my perimenopausal symptoms. Which is not the right choice for me, but she never asked me. The exam was extremely uncomfortable and her sense of caring is nonexistant. There are crotcheted covers on the stirrups which have clearly been there for a while and are disgusting! This is the worst doctor I have ever experienced.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Seemed dismissive & uninterested in my concerns. Went to her after e.r. visit where they couldn't 100% determine what was causing pain in pelvic area. They wanted me to follow up with my gyno because they believed it was fibroids. I already felt uneasy about her after 1st visit, but figured since she had my info on file and she specialized in women's issues (only gyno, not ob)that she'd give me answers. Instead,she said that if the e.r. doctors couldn't determine anything, then neither could she. I asked her what it could be & she listed a few things. I asked if there was any way to find out. She said,"Let's just cross our fingers and hope the pain goes away." Then she a smiled & abruptly ended the appointment. I've always been proactive & felt empowered to ask my own questions & take charge of my health, until I met this woman who left me in utter confusion & disbelief. I was at a loss for words; I've never met a doctor so cold & uncaring. I left without answers & mistrust of doctors.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Overall, I was satisfied with my visit. The staff is friendly, organized and prompt. She was thorough and I feel she listened to my concerns. For a regular annual gyn appt., I recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Dr. Mary is avery good doctor. She delivered my last child in 1994 and I have just recently started using her again because one of her collegues has moved up. I love her bedside manner, she listens to anything you have to say. Now my daughter who just recently had her own child goes to Dr. Mary also. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. Mary has been extremely helpful in all aspects of my OB/GYN care. Since my husband and I trying to conceive, she's done everything in her power to assist us and offer the best advice. Her recommendations and bedside manner are second to none. I will, and have, recommended her to anyone looking for this type of doctor. She's outstanding.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2007

It was a few years back and this doctor was on call over the weekend. My mother was the one being treated after having a full hysterectomy by her regular GYN doc. Dr. Yankaskas ordered some type of med for her and my mother developed a high fever and started having problems breathing. Dr. Mary (as they call her) ordered only tylenol for my mother. My mother went into respiratory arrest. This could have been avoided had this doctor (given my mother's age 74) ordered an antibiotic for and basically given the proper treatment. I finally got ahold of my mother's regular GYN doc who immediately put her on a strong antibiotic. Fortunately, my mother survived and got better after her regular GYN doc took over and the much needed antibiotic was given to her.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2006

Dr. Mary Christine Yankaskas's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1986)

Workers Comp