Ratings for Dr. Benjamin G. Swartout

Had a few revision rhino consult with him. He’s knowledgeable honest and sincere. Knows his stuff. Expert in rib grating. Confident in his ability to get me an improvement, not my natural nose. Doesn’t really share surgical details. Very concerned about making patient happy and setting realistic goals, a good thing. But rejects you if you seem unhappy and have unrealistic goals. I chose another surgeon only because I felt I couldn’t be truly open with Swartout . He shuts down the conversation and doesn’t want to deal with traumatized patient. It’s horrible position to be in. I wish I could have talked to him more without fear of him rejecting me. I couldn’t. So I chose a surgeon outside USA instead. Who listened and shared every surgical detail, understood trauma and fear and tears. Am happy I did. Many asked why I chose one over the other. This is why. Not because I didn’t trust Swartout. He was my first choice based on personality. . But ultimately I couldn’t do it. I think if Swartout chooses to operate on you and you are comfortable moving forward with no operating plan and no details and no measurements and just the picture, you will be happy with the results. I saw a few patients post revision and the results were very good.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Dr. Benjamin Swartout is THE top revision rhinoplasty specialist in all of California. He is extremely compassionate and seeks to make all his patients happy. He achieves high patient satisfaction by being ethical and honest about what results you can achieve. I was a very complicated revision rhinoplasty patient and many revision specialists told me that I could never be fixed again. After meeting with numerous surgeons, Dr. Swartout was the only one that said that he could address all my issues and make me happy again. And that is exactly what he did – he took my very surgically looking nose and made it completely natural and normal looking again. I also had breathing problems and I can now breathe perfectly. If you are searching for a highly skilled surgeon, I recommend you meet with Dr. Swartout. His welcoming personality, surgical skills and aesthetic eye are unbelievable.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

World class surgeon; knowledgeable, experienced, calm, basically everything you would want. He fixed my botched septoplasty. I can breathe and no longer have migraines! I cannot recommend Dr. Swartout enough!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Dr. Swartout is the best doctor I encountered, after speaking and meeting with numerous rhinoplasty surgeons who have been in their business for decades. He seems to understand, though many surgeons don't act like they do, that surgery is a big decision that affects you the rest of your life and doesn't rush through your questions. I think a big part of the issue in cosmetic surgery is choosing to go with the expert doctor who tends not to spend as much time with you or to go with sometimes less experienced surgeons who are newer but spend more time with you. I think that you are much better off going with someone who cares about your questions, feelings, and results. Dr. Swartout does these things. I feel I am well qualified to comment on this because I have had multiple primary operations and experience as a cosmetic surgery patient with doctors of different levels of experience from the top surgeons in the field to newer ones.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Dr. Swartout was my secondary surgeon for an extensive corrective rhinoplasty. He performed a rib harvest on me. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Swartout. Upon meeting with him the first time he quickly and easily earned my trust and confidence. He took a lot of time to explain the procedure he would be performing and what I could expect in regard to the healing process. I appreciated his patience and the time he spent with me to make sure I understood the procedure. Most notably is Dr. Swartout's ethic of care and concern for me as a patient. He stayed after the surgery to check in on me, he responded to my phone calls personally and promptly, and rather than making me schedule additional follow-up appointments with him at his office, he made arrangements to meet me at my appointments at my primary surgeon's office. He did this multiple times during the initial weeks after my surgery. Dr. Swartout is great!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010