Ratings for Dr. Benjamin G. Swartout

Dr. Swartout is the best doctor I encountered, after speaking and meeting with numerous rhinoplasty surgeons who have been in their business for decades. He seems to understand, though many surgeons don't act like they do, that surgery is a big decision that affects you the rest of your life and doesn't rush through your questions. I think a big part of the issue in cosmetic surgery is choosing to go with the expert doctor who tends not to spend as much time with you or to go with sometimes less experienced surgeons who are newer but spend more time with you. I think that you are much better off going with someone who cares about your questions, feelings, and results. Dr. Swartout does these things. I feel I am well qualified to comment on this because I have had multiple primary operations and experience as a cosmetic surgery patient with doctors of different levels of experience from the top surgeons in the field to newer ones.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Dr. Swartout was my secondary surgeon for an extensive corrective rhinoplasty. He performed a rib harvest on me. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Swartout. Upon meeting with him the first time he quickly and easily earned my trust and confidence. He took a lot of time to explain the procedure he would be performing and what I could expect in regard to the healing process. I appreciated his patience and the time he spent with me to make sure I understood the procedure. Most notably is Dr. Swartout's ethic of care and concern for me as a patient. He stayed after the surgery to check in on me, he responded to my phone calls personally and promptly, and rather than making me schedule additional follow-up appointments with him at his office, he made arrangements to meet me at my appointments at my primary surgeon's office. He did this multiple times during the initial weeks after my surgery. Dr. Swartout is great!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010