Ratings for Dr. Mark M. Souweidane

Dr. Souwedaine saved my life. Exceptional doctor.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Souweidane is a very knowledgable and gifted neurosurgeon. He performed an endoscopic third ventriculostomy on my daughter and it has changed her life for the better. I would recommend anyone needing this procedure go to him. He was kind and took plenty of time with us before and after the surgery. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

From start to finish this Dr. Souweidance and his staff were professional, caring, compassionate and met every clinical need for my godson. cannot say enough positive things.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Our son had a pilocytic astrocytoma in a very difficult location. Our local hospital told us that the tumor was inoperable and would inevitably be terminal. I approached Dr. Souweidane by e-mail for a second opinion. After reviewing my son's scans, he took the time to call me at home and tell me he thought he could cure my child. We traveled over 2000 miles for Dr. Souweidane's services, and we couldn't be happier with the outcome. He was able to remove 98% of the tumor and my son has no neurological damage from the surgery. Dr. Souweidane is a hero to families of children with brain tumors.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

dr. souweidane is the best! my son was diagnosed with an arachnoid cyst that he removed. surgery was successful and he and his staff (especially liza) were so helpful and calming. i had to reschedule surgery because my son was diagnosed with mono a few days before surgery. i had to reschedule pre-op visits , mri's and surgery several times and each time they were so nice. on the day of surgery we had a 7 hour wait due to a very complicated case before my son. nurses explained what was going on and did everything to keep us calm and comfortable. the child before my son came from california- nurse told us people bring their kids from all over the country just for dr. souweidane- we understand why. truly a wonderful doctor, office staff, and hospital staff!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2010

In May 04 we had an emergency diagnosis of a brain tumor for my daughter, then 6 yrs old. We were sent to him on short notice after a doctor refused to see my daughter because he was done seeing patients and would not fit us in after we had been told by his staff to come in. Thank God his surgical nurse read the MRI report and realized we needed to be seen ASAP she called Dr. Souweidance and he scheduled us for the next morning not knowing our case. Once he saw her admitted her to the hospital and operated the very next morning saving her life. He was in surgery 7 hours. As my daughter arrived to her room he was also beside her giving us an explaination of every thing he had done and the prognosis. He is the best. Brain tumor free for 4 1/2 years. Why because he got the whole thing took his time and did a wonderful job.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

Dr. Mark Souweidane has a very good record with patient survival and treatment outcomes. The reason why is that he cherry picks his patients in order to ensure that this will happen. If you or a loved one need help and have a difficult situation, don't waste your time with this "excellent" doctor. He's only interested in helping his own career. If you have an easy situation, go to him, I'm sure he'll be great. If you have a difficult one, don't bother. Dr. Souweidane apparently isn't interested in helping people with difficult or even slightly risky situations. It might tarnish his supposedly perfect record.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008

Dr. Souwedane is not only highly professional, but he has an excellent rapport with children and his caring really comes through.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2008

Dr. Mark M. Souweidane's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

HealthPartners