Ratings for Dr. Alan R. Abdulla

I saw Dr. Abdulla regarding a anomoly on my chest x-ray. To make a 8 year story short, I was diagonosed by Abdula with pulmonary fibrosis and given 3-5 years to live. I was told that there was nothing that could be done and his recommendation to me was not to go out and buy a new home. After 5 years of this and numerous appointments I decided to change doctors. I was re-diagnosed using Dr. Abdulla's last CAT scan with asbestosis from asbestos work related exposure. One might consider a second opinion under Dr. Abdulla's care.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Very compassionate, actually interested in patients health. A great experience as far as DR.s go.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Dr Abdula is an excellent doctor, his diagnois was right on target. His advise was instrumental in preparing for surgery. He took the time to answer all questions, and even followed up with a phone call. I would recommend him as a great doctor.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

DR. ABDULLA IS NOT A GOOD DOCTOR FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE OVER WEIGHT! i SAW HIM TO GET ON A SLEEP APNEA MACHINE. HE TOLD ME TO LOOSE WEIGHT FOR MY SLEEP APNEA, I DO NOT NEED THE MACHINE!!!!!!! A YEAR LATER I WAS DIAGNOSED FOR SEVER SLEEP APNEA!!!!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Dr. A was great! He spent so much time with my mom and was gentle and sensitive and went above and beyond in explaining things to me and her. I would highly recommend him to anyone - and although I am overweight, I found him encouraging to me and my mom - he genuinely wants us to have better health and enjoy life.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Very knowledgeable and helpful. Excellecnt followup; he or a member of his staff calls to follow up. Takes genuine concern of patients. Some may not like his direct, no nonsense approach and could be offended, but I like that he tells it like it is.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

Excellant Doctor, I have seen him for 25 years since the age of 5 for asthma, he took me off all the medication my pervious Dr. had me on put me on two inhalers, I was having attacks every month and have had probably 3 since seeing him, and none for the last 15 years.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2010

absolutely doesn't listen to his patients. has been known to misdiagnose.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

Really knows his stuff. Very observant. Noticed trends in my tests that 4 other physicians had missed. Came up with the correct diagnosis which saved me from a surgery that I didn't need. Takes a look at a person's whole health and how basic health levels can be improved through daily habits. Personally called me at home and had 20 minute conversation regarding my diagnosis. It's been nice to find a doctor who knows what he's doing and cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

DR. ABDULLA IS NOT A GOOD DOCTOR FOR AN ELDERLY PATIENT OR A PATIENT WHO IS OVER-WEIGHT. HE REALLY PUSHES HIS FITNESS AND DIET HABITS.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

Dr. Alan R. Abdulla's Credentials

• Miami Medical College (Grad. 1972)