Ratings for Dr. Kevin F. Bonner

Dr. Binner took excellent care of my husband . He had shoulder surgery done and I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Bonner performed a rotator cuff repair (& numerous other repair and clean-up procedures) on my right shoulder. He did an amazing job. My main objective was to be able to swim, and, of course, not cry when I attempted to raise my arm. Success! I'm pain-free and swimming daily. The entire staff at Jordan-Young was courteous, helpful, through and prompt. Dr. Bonner and Sabrina Gill are All-Stars. Their professionalism, knowledge and great people-skills make them a formidable team. I felt informed, connected and involved throughout every stage of my surgical experience. They exude confidence and well-being and made me feel at-ease during the whole journey. I recommend them without reservation. They are wonderful.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I had a torn rotator cuff on each of my shoulders. I talked with many people before my surgeries. Some had good experiences and most didn't. Dr Bonner was recommended highly by most of the people I spoke to and for good reason. I had 1 surgery done in Dec. of 2015 which was on my rotator cuff and bicep. My physical therapist (Tidewater Phsyical Therapy who also did a wonderful job) was very impressed by the work that Dr Bonner had done which she felt lead to my speedy recovery. My second surgery was on April of 2016. On that surgery Dr Bonner worked on just my rotator cuff. My recovery was also very quick. Not only did Dr Bonner And his team do an excellant job on my shoulders but they really made me feel comfortable with there professionalism. Sabrina Gills Dr Bonner's assistant was also very helpful on my checkup calls informing me of everything that was repaired. I'll be bowling again in September thanks to Dr Bonner and his team.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr. Kevin Bonner and the staff at Jordan Young Institute are phenomenal. After an ATV incident hurt my shoulder I was reffered to Dr Bonner. I am glad that I was. Every experience was better than I expected. At each visit, my appointment time was honored promptly, I didn't have to wait to see the doctor when I was in the exam room. Dr Bonner has a great personality, explained my injuries and the path to recovery. Surgery went well and the follow up care awesome. I highly recommend Dr Kevin Bonner and staff!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Excellent doctor. Rotator cuff surgery. Top notch, well organized, excellent results.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I went to one doctor and that doctor sent me to Dr. Bonner because it was going to be my third acl surgery. This surgery was a two part surgery and I am about to have the second one done very soon. The recovery time for my surgery by Dr. Bonner seemed very quick. The PT could not understand how I was progressing so fast. I just told her I have a great Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I would not go anywhere but Dr Bonner he us the best in Hampton Roads. He did my knee and sjoulder

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

I have had 2 surgery's by Doctor Bonner . The 1st was scoping a knee and I could not tell you which one was worked on it was so good.The 2nd was just completed and I am in rehab now. Range of motion is about 25% better already and no pain in rotations .Slight swelling but no tenderness if progress continues at this rate I'll be at 100% in no time .I'm totally satisfied with the professionalism and his ability to transfer his thoughts to the patient so they can understand.Amazing recovery

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Dr. Bonner performed my meniscus knee surgery and I am happy with the results. Most importantly I loved his bed side manner pre-operative while awaiting to be taken into the operating room. He was very assuring and spoke to my loved one explaining in detail what he was planning to do. What I am disappointed with is that during my 6 wk post-op I saw his new PA that didn't have a clue what my problem was or how to answer my questions. Sure she is new...but I still have questions.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

My surgery to repair my shoulder went great, but he would not let me even cox a boat (meaning to sit in the back and yell directions at the rowers, no physical activity) just a few days before my 12 week recovery time was up. my pt saw no problem with it and told him how wonderfully i was doing, but he wouldnt budge.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

Dr. Kevin F. Bonner's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

At the Jordan-Young Institute, Dr. Kevin Bonner primarily specializes in the treatment of injuries and disorders involving the knee and shoulder. He focuses on the least invasive cutting edge treatment strategies that are based on the latest scientific evidence available Dr. Bonner is principally focused on the treatment of problems prior to joint replacement surgery. Whether it’s an injury to an elite athlete or an older individual who simply cannot get a good night’s sleep due to a rotator cuff tear, patients can be confident that they will be treated with the most modern, verified techniques.

• English

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1993)