Ratings for Dr. Stephen A. Mikulak

This surgeon is a my miracle. I had a total hip replacement by him and he's change my life. Years of excruciating pain and lack of mobility are Gone. I wake up happy to be alive and thank God For finding Dr Mikulak. My scar is almost gone!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Fantastic surgeon - replaced both of my knees. Rehab was quick, small medial incisions, excellent range of motion & no complications. Highly recommended!!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I love Dr Mikulak! He is a highly skilled surgeon who did my joint replacement with great competency. No post op complications & the office staff is super easy to reach through email. I am so happy my insurance company connected me with him! I have recommended him to all my friends & associates. Thanks Dr Mikulak!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Mikulak performed a hip replacement revision for me. He did it RIGHT! I can walk again, without the pain from the first surgery. His office staff is excellent, and his PA Mike Walker is first rate.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

Yes the wait is usually long but this is the curse of the large ortho group. Dr. Mikulak is the only ortho interested in actually fixing my knee. Other orthos told me to avoid replacement or that my knee wasn't bad enough! Well, there were way too many things I had to avoid doing and when they went in to replace it, it was much worse then they all thought! My life is so much more active now with much less pain!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Horrible on every level. Receptions are evil. Waited over an hour to see a doctor who rushed me out of the room without even a piece of paper with my diagnosis. They don't answer phones, take long lunches, and are late schedualing MRI's and surgeries. I don't have ONE good thing to say about the guy..

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Wait time is a little long at this busy practise, however, the skill and personal attention of Dr Mikulak is well worth the wait. My arthroscopic knee surgery was almost painless and my recovery time was minimal. The OC Orthopidic center was efficient, friendly and I highly recommend both Dr Mikulak and the center.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

Excellent, Changed my life! Helpful, polite, understanding, caring! Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2010

Had to wait too long to even get an appt and then had to wait nearly an hour to be seen. That's not acceptable! Dr. Mikulak was nice enough, but too rushed and he didn't answer my questions to my satisfaction. He seemed far more interested in just scheduling surgery and offering cortisone before he really knew all the details about my condition. Calif Orthopaedic Specialties and Dr. Mikulak came very highly recommended, but I feel both were grossly over-rated! Plus, the fees there were higher than any other medical practice I've been to. Sorry but I won't be having my surgery here!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

expertise is superb -- very skilled but also caring

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008