Ratings for Dr. Jorge J. Leal

The best caring dr I’ve ever met ! He truly cares ! Don’t listen to negative reviews about insurance and staff - get your stuff together before hand so you don’t have issues ! He is compassionate and understanding and also doesn’t push drugs in yky

flag | Submitted May 20, 2019

I can't understand the five star reviews? This is the worst Dr, and staff i have ever had to experience. Came here after my former Dr retired. Dr Barsa. First they tried to get me to take a $ 9,000 DNA test supposably to see what drugs would work best for me. Called my insurance provider and they said no way, That sure didn't go over well with the staff L.O.L. Seen this Dr once. found another Dr within a week. This was over 8 months ago and i still get these made up bills coming from their collection agent. If i get one more i am turning all their nonsense over to my lawyer.. Run people .....

flag | Submitted February 27, 2019

Dr Leal is an excellent doctor, he cares about his patients and looks for the best therapy for each individual. He is dually Board Certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Management. A fellow of American Pain Society - he truly wants to help each patient, not just push pills. Before Dr. Leal I was in severe pain, it was impacting my quality of life, I needed help to get out of bed each morning due to pain. After going to two other doctors and being made to feel like a junkie off the street or a pin cushion from so many epidurals...I finally found Dr. Leal, he was able to help me live again! Eric Shelton, PA-C is one of his physician assistants and he is the only one, besides Dr. Leal, that I trust to manage my chronic pain. Eric is compassionate and listens to you, developing a therapeutic relationship. I am comfortable with Eric - he remembers things about me as a person, beyond my medical record. He does my botox for my Chronic Intractable Migraines and besides having to give me 35 injections all over my head/neck ... he makes sure I am as comfortable as possible and is meticulous in his injection technique. Overall, these two have been lifesavers -- I recommend everyone I know who has chronic pain or a condition that causes pain (i.e., Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Migraines, Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis, and complex regional pain syndromes) to Dr. Leal' s practice -- I won't recommend anyone else!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

The doctors wife is the most rude person I have ever meet. She does not care that you are due for another script and will be in a lot of pain with out it. She will make you sit there all day if she does not like you or worst she will not let you see the doctor when you are due to have your script renewed, some times for weeks spent in pain and with drawls or looking for illegal drugs. The doctor is nice but the staff are really bad. Also when you show up for a appointment there will be people waiting in the hall because they do not know how to book appointments right. I have been there for a 9 am appointment (I was on time) and did not see the doctor until 7 pm. They will not let you use the bathroom but if you go down stairs to use the lobby one and she calls you you will wait hours to be called again after telling her you had to use the restroom. This place is the pits.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

His staff is very rude and do not know what they are doing tell you something and say they did not tell you that they lie please go to another pain management that cares

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Wait for 7 hours. Nurse cant even call in your non narcotic prescriptions. He has the worst run drs facility i have ever been to. Hit by a car and he prescribes NON SMOKING. To say it re duces your PAIN . JOKE. WHOLE OFFICE Should be shut down. Please someone report himNOW He's making CASH ..Pure dumbest drug dealer that doesent care for his patients or know how to run his staff.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

Poor management and wait times exceed 4 hours.Very UNPROFESSIONAL environment. Filthy office, no water or vending for the hours of waiting. Office does NOT have a TV or magazines. Office staff has no clue what the Dr is doing or time management. Very poor patient service. DIABETICS are not offered any form of food or water for the several hours of waiting. This rating is for the horrible treatment we as patients endure. Please come and sit in the crammed waiting room and see for yourself. Not 1 patient is happy and feel they have no where to go due to their condition. Someone needs to help these people. I welcome someone to reach out to me and yes I am a patient as well.My condition is not that debilitating as theirs. I have the mindset to reach out but these people do not know how to or capable to. Does the Dr help some People? Yes.. Does the hassle make it worth coming here? no... Horrible to sit here and listen to these people talk of being here for 6 to 8 hours waiting to see a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

People in that office work very hard. Doctor excellent takes his time and has helped me with my condition when nobody gave me hope. Now I work part time, dr help me no just with my pain but how to improve myself. He listens and best knowledge in his field.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

The worst office I have have been to.minimum wait time of 3 hours. Most patients wait 5 to 6 hours. Only to be seen for 5 minutes. Do not waste your time. F rating

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I have to say since Jasmine has left..the office is somewhat better. the new girls seem to be more helpful and understanding. As for the wait..well on good days it isn't bad...on bad days...it is AWFUL....Now as far is Maria....I have a problem with her....But I have always been a "QUIET" patient...Dr.Leal...has never over prescribed for me...I am also not a drug seeker....

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr. Jorge J. Leal's Credentials

• Univ Central Del Este (Uce), Esc De Med, San Pedro De MacOris (Grad. 1980)