Ratings for Dr. Adriana M. Castro

I've been with Dr. Castro since 2010. She has seen my nephews and my friends children and we all agree, she's FANTASTIC. Older reviews talk about staff...yes for about 2 years her staff was up and down with new people but that's been over. If you're looking for a Dr. to baby you or whisper sweet nothings, go somewhere else. If you want someone who is thorough with her examinations and makes sure your child gets the right treatment, bring him/her here. She is straightforward, some people are OK with it, some are not. I can tell you, she has been able to pinpoint all issues with both my girls so accurately it almost seems she's reading from a script. Why? Because we've gone to specialists, per her recommendation, and they have explained in the exact same way. She is incredibly knowledgeable, and honestly worth the wait on busy days. I used to live 5min away and now I live 45min away. Yes, I will continue to take my girls there, she's incredible!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Excellent staff, excellent pediatrician!! My son is very happy, he loves Dr Castro!!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr. Castro is the best pediatrician I have taken my child to. She is very attentive and has excellent bedside manners. I plan to keep her as my child's doctor for as long as possible. I would recommend Dr. Castro to everyone, she is truly a 10/10 .

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I've been with Dr. Castro for 15 years and she is the best. She takes her time with her patients and she is thorough in all her explanations. I highly recommend her and would give her 10 stars!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Used to be a good place to go. She changed the staff and her office is a disaster. I am looking for a new pediatrician

Submitted October 27, 2014

My son was born Oct. 2011 and when I first arrived, although the Dr. Castro was not there to see him, I loved the vibe and loved the NP that saw him. So much so that I made all my appointments from then forward with her. However, since then, almost all of the staff has changed and been replaced including my beloved NP. For his year old visit, the nurse came in, gave him his shots and said we were good to good. After asking to see the doctor did she realize he needed to be fully examined. I agree with previous posts, things have SIGNIFICANTLY changed and I am looking for a new ped. Wait time is unimaginable. For his 18 month visit, they admit two kids at the same time and Dr. Castro is more concerned the insurance goes through than with our concerns. And what topped everything off was her saying I need to let him grow up because we cosleep. And she said "let me guess he throws tantrums and uses a pacifier". We let defeated and like we were doing everything wrong. No thank you.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

I experieneced something that cant be described in 1000 words. Dr.Castro was unprofessional and completely out of line yesterday when I took my daughter for a visit. I overheard Dr. Castro badmouthing me to the office and when i confronted her she couldnt even appologize. Ive never said anything to Dr. Castro as a divorced parent my ex wife usually takes my daughter. Apparently Dr.Castro plays Therapist since I was told by Dr. castro that I should be able to communicate with my ex wife better, even recomended to use Family Wizard. After i told her she was out of line and un professional, she closed her window and said "Poof be Gone" I asked if she was seeing my daughter and all you could here was laughter from the office, apparently that was funny. I may be contacted at marketingmiami@yahoo.com for further information if anyone needs it. My daughter is always sick, castro can only prescribe CLARITIn for everything. #fatherFirst #ProudDad #ConcerenedParent

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

2 years ago, this office had an INCREDIBLE staff that made you feel like family and they cared for your child. About 1 year ago, she had a complete change of staff & it feels like the place is a revolving door of unknowledgable staff. The wait time is INSANE, over 2 hours to be seen by the DR for a couple of mins before she runs out the door. I literally have to stop her at the door before to ask my questions. And the latest, my son needed a refill so I called her office and was assured it would be taken care of. I go to the pharmacy and they never heard from the drs office. It is Friday today. That means too bad for my son, he will not have his medicine because the "suberb staff" which are all new rookies couldn't do their job efficiently. Needless to say, I am SO over this office and will never take my son back. Save yourself the headache and frustration and find yourself an office/doctor that takes patients time and needs into consideration.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

She misdiagnose my son with serious skin condition. We had a second opinion and the result was completely different of what dr. Castro had diagnose. To the point that my other child had the same condition that the other dr we consulted diagnose. Dr Castro practice was once a family oriented practice, now it has become a factory with poorly trained staff . When we expressed our complaint to her office, instead of receiving an apology from her we received a hand written scrap paper giving us a lecture defending her diagnose basically calling us stupid and misinformed, and also telling us how can we dare to second guess her . I guess dr Castro God complex is something that can not be question. Needless to say we change dr.

Submitted October 2, 2012

I think she's amazing. She's taken careold our 3 sons for over 17 years. She has performed above our expectation . Sometimes you have to wait but that's because she's good and worth it.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2012

Dr. Adriana M. Castro's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1987)

• Blue Cross And Blue Shield Ppo