Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Barrer

Explained procedure fully. Had a nice experience with a relaxed atmosphere.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2009

I think neurosurgeons get a bad rap. Dr. Barrer saved my husband's life. He had a brain tumor and Dr. Barrer did the surgery. Because of time constraints we did not seek another opinion until after the surgery for follow up treatment and we were told by other doctors in other institutions that he did a great job on removing as much of the tumor as possible. A very aggressive doctor, no, he doesn't have much of a personality, but with most doctors in the neuro field we're come across...they've all been a little dry. I went into the appointment with print outs and notes and he answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

Dr. Barrer used to be a good one. During the last 4 visit his attitude was really bad. Maybe he is having problems but patients are not responsible for that. I had a car accident,went there in order to get a EMG to find out what was the problem with my right hand. As soon as he entered the room he was nasty, told me he did not have time to check my MRI and when I asked him for the EMG he told me : you can ask for it to your primary phisician, I did not have time to compare your last two MRI and I can not help you... I will send a letter to your doctor. My primary phisician received the letter but Dr. Barrer did not write anything about my right hand, he wrote something about an old hernia in my lower back (about a year ago or maybe two). My doctor was surprise. Later my PP receive another letter from Barrer but what I read sounds more like the assistant wrote the first part and not Barrer. I am not coming back again, found he was in legal problems with a patient...

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

very matterafactly with giving you test results went for him to review other results and said here are your options..... not warm and fuzzy but great diagnostion well spoken, aticlulate!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. Steven J. Barrer's Credentials

• Hahneman Medical College Of The Pacific (Grad. 1976)