Ratings for Dr. Joseph S. Fok

I have had 2 Sons, and Dr. Fok was my Dr. for my second pregnancy. I guess I should say that he wasn't my OB for my first Son, however he was the Dr. that ultimately ended up delivering him, as he was on call at the time. I must say I was highly impressed ! When I became pregnant w/ my 2nd Son, I had MANY issues and was considered "high risk". My original OB NEVER had any explanations and/or answers for me. Except that this happens ! Needless to say, I set out to seek a 2nd opinion which led me to Dr. Fox. (as he delivered my first Son via c section, and I was VERY pleased w/ his knowledge, and bedside manor). He had answers for everything that was going on,and then some. I NEVER once left his office feeling uniformed, or rushed. He is a VERY busy man, and even taking that into consideration. He always made me feel like I was his ONLY patient, and that mine, and my baby's health was his number one priority ! I had my previous OB/GYN telling me this was normal, and at some point I just had to deal w/ the fact that there was NOT going to be a second Baby ! That's beyond DEVESTATING ! Definitely not what a Mother wants to hear. THANK GOD for Dr. Fok ! I truly believe to this day, that had I NOT switched to Dr. Fok... My Son would NOT be here w/ me today! He is though, and he came into this world HEALTHY, and happy ! What more could a Mom ask for ? To me I owe this ALL to Dr. Fok !

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Laparoscopic hysterectomy. He nicked my bladder and I had to wear a catheter for two weeks and I got an infection from the surgery I itself. I know medicine isn't perfect but this same thing happened to a friend also.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Dr. Joseph Fok was recommended to me over 25 years ago as I had lost 2 pregnancies & it was just devastating to lose my babies. He was so compassionate & tested me for what I suspected & so much more. He is like a Genius & really sincerely cares about his patients. Without him We could not have had our sons. & he was with me the entire time. He is a High Rosk Specialist which is what I needed & I am so thankful for his thou tends, compassion & everything he did fir me. He tends to make sure he delivers all if his patients babies which he did with me. I have continued to see him over the years for my annual check ups. & recommend him to all my friends & they just love him too. I am I thankful fir him. & can't say enough about him fur going way beyond his duty & his incredible compassion. Thank you Dr. Fok. You are the most awesome Doctor I have ever had!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

He was an exceptional surgeon. Prior to my emergency surgery I met with him. During our meeting he was very kind, took the time to answer all of my questions, and was very thorough with the details of the surgery. His confidence and compassion calmed my fears and put me at ease. He checked in with me many times after surgery to see how I was doing. He cares very much for not only the physical health and well-being of his patients, but their emotional health too. I feel very blessed to have had him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

Dr. Fok was terrible. I am have 1/4 chance of a child with a serious genetic defect, and Dr. Fok is the only high-risk doctor in my town. His office called me multiple times in the week before my appointment, rescheduled the appt. twice, and had me go in for an ultrasound so Dr. Fok could see it before he met me. I was told that my appt. time was changed because he wanted a longer appt. because of my condition. I spent less than 10 minutes with him. When I tried to ask him for advice about amniocentesis, he just told me he would not do it - when the genetic counselor said it was routine. He gave me the most uncomfortable pap smear I have had in my life - he forgot to do part of the test and had to redo it. He did not make it clear to his nurse or to me what procedures still needed to be done, and then he left! He did not do any of the other exams I had been told to expect for my first OB appointment. He did not mention the ultrasound results at all. Horrible first appointment.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

1) When it comes to a woman's organs - no one is better educated. 2) He's a fast and furious kind of doctor. Very efficient and enjoys helping many patients in one day. He is more likely to squeeze desperate patients into his schedule, which does make him late sometimes (often). 3) He is very thorough, and in my experience as long as I tell he and his nurse everything, he explains everything and they take care of me. 4) Dr. Fok is a specialist, if you want someone to hold your hand over every little thing, go see your primary. I've had 4 high risk babies with him, all resulting in successful deliveries and healthy children.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

I went through a few pregnancies and a complicated medical history with Dr. Fok. My first was a stillbirth that had no complications until no heartbeat at a routine check at nine months. He was there to see me to deliver despite it being his day off to attend church. With my next baby, he kept me on successful bedrest by trying a newer med at 20 weeks when my water broke that saw me through to nearly 27 weeks when I delivered my now 10 year old healthy daughter. (She would not have survived otherwise at 20 weeks.) At the time I was worried about a repeat and no longer wanted to have children, but he suggested I wait to decide. I did wait and now have three more blessings later. I do wish he would have recommended some genetic testing though -- that was likely the cause determined later for the losses and premature birth (thrombosis), and I did have other miscarriages. All in all, a good person, a busy doctor, and tries to do the best for all his patients.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Completely missed diagnosing a very simple problem. I thought something was weird that he would miss this. I even pointed it out and nothing! Highly NOT recommended!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

was referred to Dr. Fok by my family practiioner as a well respected OB/GYN in Madison. I have had persistent dysplasia for years and he hes been very helpful in providing options for treatment. He is direct and to the point be prepared to be your own advocate as should be done with any doctor. While personable, he's not someone who is warm and fuzzy but I'm more interested him for his knowledge v. being someone to chat with. I have found his key nurse to be extreamly compassionate and helpful. I stongly recommend Dr. Fok and his staff. Not the most timely office but I believ he's well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

I disagree with the first entry. Dr Fok is an excellent doctor, very caring and compationate. It is his schedule at the clinics, in which he has little control of that would make him late and is out of his control. He is an OB doc and does have to deliver babies which would be out of his control when these happen. I have never had any problems asking him my questions and having them answered. He is very knowledgeable... An absolute wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

Dr. Joseph S. Fok's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1978)