Ratings for Dr. Michael C. Holmstrom

I was foolish enough to go in for knee surgery without looking at any reviews ,and I frankly concur with the" Cattle "treatment .altogether a shoddy place and the doctor took out quite a bit more out of my joint without consulting me while I was under .worst was the follow up appointment -THERE WAS NONE- I can't even get this guy on the phone and every time I show up for an appointment it's a minimum of 2 hours to see a PA not even the doctor .I was told a small trim would take place and wake up to a folder sitting on my bed and photos. showing my entire meniscus gone .and no explanation about what took place .The surgical version on a carnival photo booth .

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

I had knee surgery with Dr. Holmstrom in 2012. During my initial visit, I saw the PA. No one explained how their system works with seeing a PA first, and if the PA determines the need for surgery, THEN the doctor will see me. I must have waited 45 minutes in the examining room for someone to see me. I finally walked out into the hallway and saw the PA casually chatting with the staff. Finally, the PA is the one who examined me. I was upset, but I had a knee to take care of, so I hung around. Ultimately, Dr. Holmstrom did a good job on my knee surgery, but the entire fiasco there was stressful and time consuming. Fast forward to 2014. I'm having shoulder surgery next week, but I've changed orthopedic clinics to one in West Jordan. What a difference! So much less hassle! I'm seen by the doctor himself each visit, and he is very caring and competent. There's never more than a 10- or 15-minute wait to see him. I don't feel like cattle on a conveyor belt.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

Terrible Doctor, Don't waist your Money or Time with him. He didn't do half of other two doctors I've seen for the same problem. He needs to learn how to talk to a patient and give options how to treat the problem, instead of saying "I hope I don't have to see you ever again" on first visit.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Waited 1 hour 15 min before getting into the office. Wanted to have labs done to rule out RA. Told that TOSH doesn't do labwork. Never actually saw the physician. His PA was the only one who saw me. No resolution to visit...other than get new hobbies (no hiking, skiing, etc), take pain killers. Paid to see a specialist and waited weeks to get into TOSH only to see a PA! Will not be back!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

He was very helpful and used cutting edge techniques while fixing my knee. I had a bad experience with a previous doctor - Dr. Holmstrom recognized the problem, came up with a solution and fixed me. I would highly recommend him. In fact, I sent my brother there who was experiencing knee pain, and Dr. Holmstrom took care of him as well. His staff is also great. Tina was always helpful when I went in there. Way to go!!!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

i would not reccoment holmstrom. i got surgery on both knees by him and problems were not fixed. my knees still hurt and catch.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2008

Dr. Michael C. Holmstrom's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)