Ratings for Dr. Yousif Gadir

Absolutely no bedside manner and doesn't listen. I was in the ER with an injury, in quite a bit of pain, to his credit he did ask if 'I wanted something for the pain' I did, and I would have taken a pain killer. But I was specifically told by the nurse in triage to tell the doctor if I was driving because they would give me a non-narcotic option. I told him 'I was driving' he was just like 'Would you like something for the pain?' He cut me off mid-answer when I started to repeat 'I am driving, but I--' I was literally about to ask if I could have a non-narcotic. He cut me off again, never discussed options just cut me off and said something about x ray and quickly exited before I could respond. He had talked to me for less than a minute when he came in and kept abruptly interrupting me. I could barely get a word in to answer him. He came back in after x-rays said there was no broken bones it was a 'muscle injury', was completely non-descript, that he was prescribing muscle relaxants and took off. I didn't get to ask any questions about the injury or what drug was being prescribed. I completely understand this is an ER, and a doctor needs to be efficient, but how he communicates with patients isn't good it's rushed and abrupt.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Absolutely disgusted with his bed side manor. He was disrespectful and down right rude. He didn't care what I had to say and rudely interrupted and raised his voice while I was trying to ask a question. I will avoid the truro hospital is he is Dr on duty. What a waste of time. He should be ashamed!!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Instead of discussing my symptoms and physically give me a check up after waiting 6 hours in the ER waiting room, this doctor decided to use his time shaming me for wasting everyones time. He continued to tell me that my symptoms have eased (which did not. Not sure how he would be aware of my pain level without asking me first.) and basically sent me on my way. I am shy and find it difficult to face confrontation so I let him walk all over me. He was rude, and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Treated a young lady, who has qualities of compassion , thoughtfulness and responsibility with such a hostile tone and with blatant disrespect is not acceptable, EVER! Passing baseless judgement while failing to even use basic common sense is very unprofessional. Seek the facts, and go from there. Read the hospital records, seek former physician's records to affirm that a medical issue is valid...keep your hostility out of the emergency room. She deserves better treatment! You can give better quality patient care...start with CARING!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I am appalled by this man's obvious arrogance. Patients deserve respect. They deserve to be taken seriously. He should remember that no body enjoys sitting in pain waiting for 8-9 hours to be seen. That alone is a blatant exhibit of disrespect, to demean and dehumanize a patient because they need help with pain management. Pain can and does lead people into depression and exhaustion, he should be well aware of the vulnerability of these people. Shame on him for being so unfeeling.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I saw Dr.myousif Gadir in emergency recently. It was a busy evening and I waited 9 hours to be seen. I waited 7 hours in the main waiting area off Cobequid Emergency and another two hours once in the emergency station. A third year medical student from Dalhousie University came in as soon as it was my turn and did a physical exam and asked about my pain. I have herniated disks in my L5/S1 and L4/S1 with sever sciatica pain from my right buttocks running straight down my right leg and righ foot numb. I hadn't taken any pain medication that day so I could describe my pain in its entirety. Once the student left, he told me a doctor would be in shortly. Two hours later Dr. Yousif Gadir came in and asked what I needed. Because I knew exactly what "I" needed I told him very clearly and politely. So that I could go home and recover, but so that I wasn't wasting his time in emergency from other patients. I told him I needed: a referral back to my orthopedic neurosurgeon because it had been two years since I was last there and his office said they needed an updated referral. He asked why I didn't go to my family doctor for this. I explained that my husband and I didn't have a family doctor and have been trying for many months to secure one in Nova Scotia. He then asked why I didn't go to a walk in clinic and I told him because I had called a walk in for an appointment and because of my symptoms they directed me to go to emergency. He then asked about the two medications I had in hand that I needed a newer prescription for. One was Lyrica for nerve pain relief and the other was a narcotic to help with moderate to severe pain in patients. (Ratio-oxycocet). He said he could not prescribe narcotics in emergency due to people selling such drugs. While I completely understand this to be true in some people's lives, I clearly showed him the bottle of prescribed pills from 2014 that still had 3/4 of the pills remaining (from two years ago!) so, clearly not a sign of someone abusing these prescribed pills. Instead, it illustrates how careful I was with this medication and clearly did not take them fully as was prescribed. If I had, there wouldn't be any remaining. He then accused me of doctor hopping and while I attempted to clarify his judgements of me and have him understand...he continued to abruptly interrupt me. This, as well as the pain I was experiencing at that time, cause me to cry with frustration because I felt he was not listening to me. He then rudely said "crying isn't going to help you here". I was stunned with his lack of compassion for me as his patient, his lack of professionalism to care for me as his patient, his unwillingness to listen, but instead somewhat agressive to have his own voice heard and overpower mine. I felt bullied and labeled by this doctor. I do not accept anyone bullying me or any other person or patient who finds themeselves in an equally vulnerable situation (in pain and in emergency looking for help). In the end...Dr. Yousif Gadir did not even examine me once! He did not look at my back, he did not run tests (X-rays or physical movement test, etc). He wrote me a prescription for what I needed, a referral and time off work. I had asked for specific time off work and he refused. He said it was too long to be off work. He refused and didn't even ask me what I do for a living. Which by the way is physical labour! So how he expects me to be back to work in 1-2 weeks with bulging or herniated discs with sciatica nerve damage is just beyond me. I would recommend to anyone having to see this doctor, to ensure you ask for what you need and persist until you are respected and listened too. If you are looking for a doctor to sit with you and listen carefully with respect, kind and caring compassion....ask for someone else. My husband could not be with me during this emergency room visit...but he is appalled by how I was treated and how it was implied I was lying about the doctors I have seen and when and the medications that had been prescribed. As Nova scotians...what are we supposed to do when we do not have access to a family doctor. We end up at walk in clinics and emergency rooms seeing multiple doctors. This does not make us pill popping junks or doctor hopping. This is an issue for theProvinceto figure out. Shame on them and shame on you Dr. Yousif Gadir!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Suffered with pain for years. Saw another ER doctor 6 years ago who told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with me. Went to emerg a few months ago and gave Dr. Gadir the same list of symptoms. Automatically said it was my gall bladder, gave me meds and booked me for an emergency ultrasound. A month later I had my gall bladder out and have been pain free since!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I took my husband to emergency because he has an absess and was waking up in terrible pain. Dr. Gadir came in and asked my husband " what you are here for?" it was 1 am, my husband was in pain, he has trouble hearing, had taken a lot of pain killer and his first language is French. Needless to say he didn't understand what the Doctor had said and asked him to repeat it twice. Instead of being professional and realizing that maybe the patient has something wrong or the doctors English is a bit hard to understanderstand and just repeating it he tells at my husband " are you drunk do you need me to yell. " to this my husband responds " no, I'm having trouble with you accent, I don't hear well and English is not my.first language either" the doctor continued the check up and when my husband tried to apologize for accidentally insulting the doctor he was cut off and ignored Then the doctor wouldn't even talk to him he instead directed the rest of the checkup to me. this doctor has a chip on his shoulder and is extremely rude.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Very efficient doctor - proactive, and looks at all possibilities.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Saw this doctor for a back injury at emerg. He asked me to lift both of my feet and where did it hurt. This was it. He diagnosed me with a pulled muscle. He is unfriendly. He did not listen to anything I said. He did not examine anything but what I have written here. I will be seeking a second opinion.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013