Ratings for Dr. Randy Birkin

Dr. Birkin has, in general, a very inept support and front office staff. They lack customer service skills, frequently violate Texas Privacy laws when discussing patient information on the phone well in the hearing range of patients waiting in the reception area. His cash-based policy is certainly within the law but allows for no flexibility...his surcharge on credit cards is not allowed in Texas so he might want to discontinue that practice.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Dr. Birken and his PA are awesome. However, the front office staff is the WORST I have ever experienced. They need some guidance in professionalism and patient care. Because of this recurring experience, I will be looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr. Birken provides bio-identical hormone treatment and chelation. Both of these have improved my health and the well-being of my husband (Dr. Birken's client too). Dr. Birken has great interpersonal skills, always focused on listening and addressing your issues. Have been a client for 2+ years.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I have gone to Dr. Birkin for some time and I believe he is a very good doctor. I am upset; however, that he no longer accepts any insurance except for Medicaid. This is a major inconvenience for me and I am forced to find another doctor. I find this very upsetting. I am not willing to pay the full cost of seeing this doctor and then be reimbursed after my deductible is met. That is why I chose an insurance plan with a copay, to not have to deal with this sort of thing. I imagine Dr. Birkin will lose alot of patients. Then again, maybe he only wants his "cosmetic" patients anyway.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

This is a very considerate knowledgeable doctor. He does not take any OB cases. Office runs on time and there is usually not a long wait to get an appointment. He is a good diagnostician.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008