Ratings for Dr. Ngozi Ikeji

This doctor has no patience when a patient, this patient, was seeking help for physical health issues. She complains how she is not getting paid by YTG health care for time over 15 minutes, she denies referrals to Specialists even when she does not have the answer. It takes up too much of her time to refer. And she yells. She yells at me even with my support person present. She does not care how she is seen. I go to her for what I need and try to go as little as possible. I'm amazed that she is known for yelling at patients yet still She yells!!!!! No action by YTG health.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I have had many pleasant experiences with Dr. Ikeji. She delivered the last baby of a close friend of mine, and in March she delivered my first child. She is a knowledgeable, caring, very experienced doctor. She seems to truly focus on the health of her patients as well as their babies, and I appreciated it. I decided to comment because I noticed a comment prior to mine that mentioned wait time. Although waiting for 45 minutes is understandably irritating, many doctor's offices and doctors run late. :/ And let's not forget our doctors are also human! Everyone has their days. Dr. Ikeji, Dr. Ghudapati, and another female doctor who works at Klondike (tall, with red hair and glasses - I can't recall her name), are all doctors in Whse with whom I have had great experiences. Blessings. :)

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

I found her not only unhelpful but detrimental. At the Women's Clinic you need to see all the Doctor's during your pregnancy as it could be anyone of them delivering your baby. The first time I saw this Doctor, I had already waited 45min. past my apt time before I get in the exam room, I look out and she's chatting about recipes with the receptionist. This was my first taste of how little respect she has for her patients. On this and another occasion I found she didn't listen to my problems and jumped to improper conclusions. It's unfortunate when a pregnant person already dealing with hormones and the like doesn't get an understanding doctor, on the contrary we found her condescending.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

I had Dr. Ikeji during my pregnancy. My first impression was that she was warm and knowledgeable, until I had complications. She did not make the proper recommendations, which I found out postnatal that I should have not delivered in Whitehorse, but outside at a larger hospital such as Edmonton or Vancouver. She also failed to follow proper labour and delivery procedures and put both my life and the life of my child at risk. As well, upon many requests I finally received a copy of the birth record and she put down false information such as my son's apgar scores, rating him higher than what they actually were! Both my labour coaches were trained in scoring apgar and stated that the scores she reported were very far from the actual scores. I would never have her treat me or any other family members ever again.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr. Ikeji is a very warm person and a very kind doctor. She cared for me through most of my pregnancy and I found her very knowledgeable She listened and answered all my questions at every visit and her staff were great. And for my delivery, she stayed with me day and night until I delivered my baby. I will certainly have her as my doctor for my next pregnancy. Great doctor

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

I have never been so frustrated and insulted by a doctor as i was after seeing Dr. Ikeji at the Aurora Clinic. How this lady even has a job amazes me.I was suppose to have a full physical but was then told she only had 15minutes to see me. In the rushed 15minutes I had with her, she spent about 10 talking about how important a university education is???!! I didn't have my physical, and was scheduled for my next month prenatel appointment as though all was done? I found her insulting and arrogant and she didn't listen to a word I said.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr.Ikeji is a very well put together doctor. She tells it like it is whether you want to hear it or not. She is an excellent caregiver and more importantly she is an amazing doctor with A LOT of knowledge. I LOVE her and think she is ABSOLUTELY amazing. I recommend anyone to go see her, also she is has nothing against First Nations. I know first hand.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Dr.Ikeji did not take me seriously when I went to her for depression during my pregnancy. I was really struggling. Instead she berated me on how easy Canadians have it and commented on my First Nations status which she seemed to think should make it easy for me to find employment. I have never been so insulted and angry leaving the doctors office. Not only did I feel discriminated against for being First Nations but I felt that being Canadian was also a problem. How easy or hard your life is has nothing to do with your Nationality and I don't think it has much to do with depression! I struggled for many more months with the baby blues, and thank goodness not everyone at the Aurora clinic shares her philosophy.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Ngozi treated our daughter during a very stressful time. She is professional, knowledgeable, supportive, and compassionate. She will forever have out thanks.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2008

Does being gorgeous have anything to do with being a good doctor? I've heard mixed things about dr. Ikeji, (both negative and positive) but so far my experience with her has been okay. she does seem to be abrupt and somewhat "cold" but she seems to take her job seriously and does everything she should.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2008