Ratings for Dr. David L. Schwartz

I am appalled by most of these reviews.I've been going to Dr. Schwartz,as has my adult son--since he was a preschooler(20 years).I especially love the professionalism which his office exudes.I do NOT find Dr.Schwartz rude at all.His staff takes my emergency calls very seriously and works me in if they feel it is detrimental to my eye.In fact, he has a great sense of humor.I guess we can't all think the same or appreciate every personality.I've had concerned on the condition of one of my eyes.Dr.Schwartz has always answered my questions very clearly and reassuringly.He also alerted me as to WHEN to call his office a call if things change.I think you should be grateful to have such an experienced, intelligent and thorough doctor taking care of you! I will be very sad when he retires(we all do...looking forward to mine in a few years).The trust I have with him is excellent and it will be difficult to have that level of trust again for some time,when I must replace this WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Does not listen to his patients, who know very well what is happening in their own bodies. Milks the patient and their insurance companies for every dime he can, every chance he gets. Rude and surly, if he even acknowledges you at all. I had the most unpleasant cataract surgery imaginable; even though I told him in advance that lydacaine (sp?) doesn't work on me, he ignored me and used it anyway. I felt every second of the procedure. The worst excuse for a doctor/surgeon out there!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

Sometimes he's almost rude, but he is a good doctor. Maybe because he's always so behind he doesn't spend a lot of time with patients. I wish doctors would realize my time is just as valuable as theirs. I have to take time off of work to see him, waiting for hours just irrates me.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

The worst Dr ever! Doesn’t no what 2 do with any1 under 60. He milks the insurance co. by doing unnecessary tests like a visual field test on some1 like me whose vision changes everyday. Every time I heard him talk 2 patients he tried 2 talk them into a surgery or it was a surgical fallow up. He tried 2 talk me into bancarotopothy surgery. I’m only 34, I’m legally blind, & had 21 surgeries by the time I was 7. It’s safe 2 say that my eyes r scared & have had enough. He forgot 2 mention that it ALWAYS comes back. I guess he thought I was a cash cow who wanted 2 have surgery every 18 months. @ my last visit his assistant wrote my visual acuities backwards. He said we didn’t have 2 do anything about my pressure being up bc it was my bad eye (I was in pain, throwing up, & would like 2 keep that eye as a spare). I told him that it was my good eye. Then he made eye contact & said do u really think that u can c better out of that eye? 1 eye can read & the other can’t c the E! Go 2 Dr Economou

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

very professional and knowledgeable - just what you want for your eyes! I felt like I was in expert hands.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

His waiting room is jammed all day, every day...I counted 24 people waiting.....and when you finally get called in, there are dozens of little waiting rooms in the inner sanctum where you wait some more! Finally the little demi-god appears, barely speaks, makes absolutely no eye contact (even tho you're there for your eyes)! My son made a comment on my eye emergency and the doc became indignant and said very rudely "You got that on the internet, I guess!". (Like most medics, they dont want the patient to know ANYTHING pertinent regarding their own condition! It might make them look inferior, I suppose. This doc sees you approx 2.5 min and flies out of the room to see the next 200 people before lunch. He clearly is in it for the money! I cancelled my follow-up and found another doc, whom I think is splendid!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2008

Dr. David L. Schwartz's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)

Amerigroup