Ratings for Dr. Julia L. Powell

Dr. Powell was my primary doctor through the pregnancy of both of my children, and in both cases I couldn't have asked for a more knowledgeable and caring physician. Even though she wasn't on-call for my son's birth, she came in to the hospital to make sure I was doing OK. Five stars all the way - and the other doctors in her group are all just as nice and friendly.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

I'm a little surprised to see the negative comments on here. I originally found this practice after being referred to Dr. Powell's associate in the practice, Dr. Kirsten Smith. Dr. Smith had a booked schedule so when I found out I was pregnant, I was put with Dr. Powell. What a blessing! As a first time pregnancy, I'm sure I had a billion questions for her and she answered them all. Great bedside manner and calmed all fears I had. I did have to see Dr. Smith once and it affirmed that I chose the right practitioner for me. I found Dr. Smith to be blunt, rushed, but knowledgeable. Julia actually took the time to get to know me, which I value. I had a pregnancy without complications so I can't speak to her expertise, but I will say I had an amazing pregnancy and delivery. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Their nurses are unprofessional and very mean. I do not recommend this group.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Went to Dr. Powell as I was in a lot of pain due to fibroid and ovarian cyst. She removed cyst and then my (healthy ovary) versus removing fibroid. Post-op (among other issues) was bruised all over stomach, incisions were swollen and infected, and, overall, had very hard recovery. When I would call w/ concerns, her answer was always, "go to emergency room if you feel so badly". 6 months later continued to have pain. Saw another Dr. who ended up doing a total hysterectomy, removing grapefruit size fibroid and an extensive amount of scar tissue (yet left my one remaining healthy ovary). COMPLETELY different experience post op than was my experience with Dr. Powell's surgery: was on feet in 2 days; no bruising on belly; very little pain; new doctor checked on me 3 times on her own accord. I would not recommend Dr. Powell for surgery.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Really friendly, took time to explain everything, didn't feel rushed. Very down-to-earth and professional.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

I found her to be very helpful, friendly, and down to earth.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Rude and unkind, made rude comments to me, not someone I'd recommend.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

2nd opinions can save your life , never be afraid to get one .

flag | Submitted April 18, 2008

Dr. Julia L. Powell's Credentials

• Hahneman Medical College Of The Pacific (Grad. 2001)