Ratings for Dr. David Gabbaizadeh

I came to dr gabbaizadeh when I was very sick with ulcerative colitis. He changed my medications and got me fully better. He takes time with his patients. His office staff is excellent too.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

Dr. Gabbaizadeh has literally taken me under his care. He is extremely knowledgable and follows up with you. This past friday he called me on my cell phone to ask me how I am doing. I never had to wait longer than 5 minutes . His staff treat me very well.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Dr. Gabbaizadeh is as smart as they come, always has time for me, and truly cares about his patients. I've had Crohn's disease for 20 years and have worked with a number of GIs - but Dr. Gabbiazadeh is the best Dr. I've ever had. My Crohn's is now in remission, but when anything happens that I'm concerned about, I can always get in touch with him within a couple hours. Through the good times and the emotional times, Dr. Gabbiazadeh has always been there for me. I give him my highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

Dr Gabbaizadeh is very knowledgeable and caring. He took the time to help my grandmother with her issues. She finally experienced some relief after seeing Dr G. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

professional, smart and caring dr. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Dr. Gabbaizadeh is very thorough, thinks of treatment options. Explains procedures very well and spend time with me answering my questions.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Terrible experience dealing with this doctors office. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I had a very complicated problem that no one could diagnose. He spent the time with me to ask the right questions and listened. This was ensued by a battery of tests and diagnosis of a very rare disease. being treated for it has made my life so much better.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

The Dr. was very concerned with comfort and health. I saw him to have a colonoscopy since my sister had pre cancerous pylops. He immediately scheduled me in. He was very thorough in explaining the process. He came in before the anesthesia and made sure I was comfortable. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2008

Dr. David Gabbaizadeh's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

David Gabbaizadeh, M.D. is Board Certified in Gastroenterology (GI). He obtained his medical degree from SUNY Stony Brook with honors. He was fellowship trained in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (ranked fifth in the country for GI by US News &World Report), where he was awarded the “Young Scientist Research Award”. He received “the Education Achievement Award” from American Society of GI Endoscopy in 2013. He is currently an attending gastroenterologist at Huntington Hospital. He speaks English, Farsi and Spanish. Dr. Gabbaizadeh has extensive experience (over 20,000 cases) in all GI endoscopic procedures, including colonoscopy, Upper GI-endoscopy, pill camera Small intestinal study, treatment of hemorrhoids, as well as special training in therapeutic endoscopy (ERCP) and cancer treatment. As comfort of his patients is of utmost importance to him, sedation is used during procedures with board certified anesthesiologists. In his ongoing efforts of trying to educate the community, he conducts presentations to physicians and the public, locally as well as nationally, on gastrointestinal topics (Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Hepatitis C, Colon Cancer Prevention, Advances in Endoscopy, Reflux disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome as well as pancreatic and gall bladder disease). He has also appeared on several TV, radio and medical newsletters regarding different GI topics. Dr. Gabbaizadeh endeavors to advance medicine by performing research and uses the most advanced technology available in the care of his patients. He is a primary investigator in research relating to Prevention of colonic polyps/cancer (sponsored by the National Cancer institute), Hepatitis C, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Nutrition, Pancreatitis and Therapeutic Endoscopy. He has also authored multiple articles & book chapters pertaining to gastroenterology, liver diseases & nutrition. Dr. Gabbaizadeh was raised in NY and resides in Dix Hills with his wife and three children.

• English
  • Spanish
  • Persian

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1992)
  • Stony Brook University * (Grad. 1988)

• Endoscopic mucosal resection

• Young Scientist Research Award, Pittsburgh Gut Club
  • American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) Education Award 2013
  • Betty Ford Center Scholarship for Study of Alcoholism and Chemical Dependency
  • Who is Who Amongst Students in American Universities

• Gorry M, Gabbaizadeh D, Furey L et al. Multiple mutations in the cationic trypsinogen gene are associated with hereditary pancreatitis, Gastroenterology 1997; 113: 1063-1068
  • Gabbaizadeh D, Clinical features of hereditary pancreatitis in a family with a new genotype, Gastroenterology 1997; 112:A442 (Oral Presentation at DDW, May 1997)
  • Gabbaizadeh D, Association between pancreatic macrophages, serum amylase and pancreatic edema after first and second episode of acute pancreatitis in the rat, Gastroenterology 1999, 116: G0255
  • Gabbaizadeh D, Nutritional Deficiencies. In: Donnelly J, Lipscher R, eds. Specialty Clinical Sciences, Mosby 1996
  • Gabbaizadeh D, Whitcomb D. Acute Pancreatitis. In: Rose S, ed. Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Physiology. Fence Creek Publishing, LLC.1998
  • Gabbaizadeh D, Whitcomb D. Chronic Pancreatitis In: Rose S, ed. Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Physiology. Fence Creek Publishing, LLC.1998

UnitedHealthcare