Ratings for Dr. Mark Frederick Deatherage

My wife had routine appendectomy but was sent home after only one night - without antibiotics - and ended up getting an infection and spending 3+ weeks in hospital and then nursing home to recover. She was severely ill. When I got my appendix out (different doctor) they kept me in the hospital and on antibiotics for four days and everything went fine. In my opinion, he is a terrible doctor and I wouldn't take my dog to see him.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

I have always found Dr. Deatherage very helpfull, kind and very willing to see that I was okey. I have used him several times, & will again if I need any surgery. I give him top markings.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2008

Simple appendectomy turned into a 6 week ordeal and patient had to demand going back into hospital because of severe pain and lack of any improvement. Originally, patient (early 60's) was sent home after only one night's hospital stay and was not given any antibiotics to take home. Patient continued to go downhill after surgery...2+/- weeks later still felt like she was going to die. Absolutely the poorest care patient has ever even heard of let alone experienced. I rate this doctor a big zero.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2007

Very helpful even though I had essentially poor insurance and reimbursement was less than what the janitors are making.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2006

flag | Submitted October 24, 2005

Dr. Mark Frederick Deatherage's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Grants Pass, OR