Dr. Paul W. John

Ratings for Dr. Paul W. John

I have had many doctor over the years that were good doctors, but Dr. John is the BEST! Morris Woods

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. John since I moved to Austin in '98. He's always been empathetic and made the correct diagnosis. He has always been quick to refer me to specialists when he felt it was out of his area of expertise. The specialists he has referred have been excellent, as well. Dr. John and his staff make me feel like family.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

My entire family has seen Dr. John and his nurse practitioner for at least 8 years. We have always received excellent care with a smile. Appointments are available when needed, and referrals are made when necessary.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

The NP in Dr. John's practice is great, but the rest of the office and clinical staff were always a bit cold (even though I was, for a time, going in monthly for follow-up visits). My biggest concern with this physician is his choice not to refer out to a specialist when a case exceeded his expertise (in my case, breathing problems during pregnancy - as Dr. John had been prescribing meds for my asthma pre-pregnancy, my OB requested that I see him for follow-up when my breathing problems worsened while pregnant). After I gave birth to my preemie son, I did consult with a specialist about my health care concerns, and the specialist was visibly frustrated that I had not been referred sooner (citing that unmanaged breathing problems are one of the biggest contributing factors to prematurity and low-birth weight).

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Dr. John and his staff are like family to me. They take excellent care of my girls and me.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2005

Dr. Paul W. John's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1989)