Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Straker

I can understand why women recommend this doctor, due to his laid back, cool nature but his approach to obstetrics did not work for me. I went to him for a consult because I was interviewing doctors before becoming pregnant with baby #2. He basically questioned why I was there for a consult, then gave off an attitude because I think he felt I was wasting his time. My visit was maybe 15 min which is usually the slotted time given per patient so it is not like I took very long but I knew within one minute of beginning to speak to him that he was NOT the the right choice (at all). I am and will always be a high risk pregnant patient and he basically said (without saying) high riskers are not for him. Also upon asking if he has dealt with my specific high risk case, he danced around an answer and finally said no after I asked for clarity. I do not want someone who basically treats me like their frat bro and beats around the bush with answers. I want to know you can handle my pregnancy and care for me appropriately at all times. Not the doctor for me and I would not recommend him. I hope this review helps others but I do understand people will differ in opinion.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I recently met and had services with Dr. Straker and while the visit was status quo, I felt his helpfulness and knowledge were questionable. I agree with another review that said for standard OBGYN care, he is okay but high risk or anything more complex, then he is NOT the doctor for you. He is extremely laid back, which works for some; for me it does not. From the second the doctor entered my exam room, I got a rushed, sort of "why are you here" type attitude. When I asked a lot of questions, I felt like I was wasting his time and his responses for my future care were lackluster, at best. Mind you, I waited 45 min in the waiting room to see him, so whether my questions took 5 min or 5 hours, I was going to ask. You make me wait, I make you answer. I am fully aware one doctor is not for everyone and my opinion is just my own, but personally, I did not have comfort or confidence when thinking of this individual as my future OBGYN. One visit was enough for me. Note: his staff was pleasant and on point.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr Straker is good for basic pregnancy and obgyn issues. during my pregnancy i was referred to see a high risk specialist because i have hypothyroidism. I hadn't seen my endocrinologist before i realized i was pregnant in several months due to the fact my mother was terminally ill and she passed away. matter fact my appointment to see her was on the day she died. when i became pregnant i tried to make an appointment with her but she wasn't seeing patients bc she had to have open heart surgery. having your tsh levels while pregnant is very important bc of potential miscarriages, mental defects etc.... to the baby. dr starker was taking my blood for tsh but didn't mention it to me nor did he bother to give me the results. it was only after a month of trying to get an appt with my endocrinologist that i called his office and they said "oh by the way we do have a tsh result here so we can give you a script for your medication". i complained and his response was "see another ob"

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

While Dr. Straker's medical knowledge is extensive his staff is sub par. Calls are not returned, directions are vague, calls are left holding & disconnected, and follow up is non-existent. I would only recommend his office if you need someone to track your annual exams.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

When my gynecologist of decades relocated, I found Dr Straker and couldn't be happier with my choice. I've been seeing him for 2-3 years now and he and his staff are professional. knowlegeable & friendly. He never rushes appointment, always takes time to listen and answer any questions.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

Friendly courteous staff. Dr Straker does not rush you. He's patient, thorough, listens to you and makes you feel at ease.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

During my miscarriage, Dr. Straker was very professional and understanding. I truly appreciate the way he took the time to listen to me.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

very Professional...I've been a patient for over 3 years and never had a bad experience. Answers all of your questions and doesn't rush your visit due to other patients waiting unlike my previous doctor.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Dr, Straker was punctual, felxible, and with a great bedside manner - I really wanted to like him. But his lack of knowledge made me question all he told me. After specifically asking what tests my blood was being sent for, i found it odd that he could only give a vaigue answer. I later learned that his answer had been inaccurate and that an important test was not ordered. The bill was then submitted to my insurance incorrectly. I switched docs after one visit and am very glad I did.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Dr.Straker is a not only an amazing doctor he is a professional. He is calm and understands your fears and concerns. My c-section as a plus size lady had a little more concern but Dr. Straker insured my post-partum medical needs were taking care including making sure blood in my abdomen did not clot. He was also aware of my PCOS condition.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

Dr. Michael J. Straker's Credentials

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1999)

Healthnet