Ratings for Dr. Roger G. Levine

He "treated" my husband in the hospital when he had a mental breakdown,would never speak with me until I forced the issue with staff,was told we HAD to see him when he was released even tho we did NOT like him or think he was helpful at all.Wanted him to have shock treatments and yet he was released just a few days later. A nurse confided to me not to follow his advice of shock therapy, he did NOT need it, which I already knew because I myself could see he was doing very well on just medication. If he was as bad as Dr.L said they would never have released him! Each visit in his office he spent whole time on computer, don't think he was even listening to us. Felt he spoke down to us. NEVER remembered what meds we had tried, what reactions he had experienced, if not for my own notes I would hate to see where we would've ended up. We stopped going to him and would NEVER recommend him to anyone. I will say his staff was very nice.Doing wonderful at his family Dr. who actually listens.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013

Dr. Levine may not be the worst doc out there, but probably the one with the worst empathy. He dictates while he's with you (he barely looks up from his computer), and doesn't read over your notes or chart before you come in. Once I had some horrible side effects to a medication we were trying, and after telling him what happened he responded by saying "well none of my other patients say that." Eventually we found something that semi-worked, but it was kind of like pulling teeth. His office staff also called in the wrong prescription one time (I would venture to guess that he left the wrong script with them because I have to say they were really cordial and super nice people). They also have a dog that runs around the waiting room sometimes. In summary, I would say if you can, look for someone else. Positives: the wait time is short

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

I understand that Dr. Levine oversees the Onondaga County emergency mental health services. He was recommended by my psychotherapist when my dear psychiatrist, who diagnosed me and referred me to my psychotherapist, moved out of the area. I had horrible experiences during my visits with Dr. Levine. He was very short with me when I reported side effects to the numerous medications that he prescribed. He wanted me to take "standard doses" even though I am very sensitive to medications. I was quite relieved when I found another psychiatrist in the area who was accepting new patients.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

He was very successful in treating my husband....who was in deep depression.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

Friendly word of advice,although doctor LeVine may very well be qualified and knowledgeable in the area of psychiatry, don't be misled by fancy initials.If it doesn't feel right, a second opinion is always a smart way to go before making any decision about one's health.Mental illness,despite the strides that have been made,continues to have a stigma even within the medical profession.Do your homework and don't be afraid to ask question of Dr. Levine or any other comparible practioner.In all fairness,Dr. LeVine may do very well by some people and should not be disregarded altogether.I realize that I sought out his expertise, but was very disappointed and frustrated by his(and staff's)lack of acknowledgement and regard towards MY unique history. He spent 90% of the time transcribing info.into his computer(that I'd already filled out on a questionair).Mental illness does have a stigma,but don't be afraid to ask questions and stand up for yourself if you feel you're not being fairly heard.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

Dr. Roger G. Levine's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Syracuse, NY