Ratings for Dr. Alan L. Schechter

This is my second visit to Dr Schechter. He is incredibly nice, he really cares and always gives me a thorough skin examination. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

The office staff is very nice. Dr Schechter is very friendly answered all my questions and the meds he prescribed for my acne is working. I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

The doctor noticed a tiny dark spot on my arm that I couldn't believe he wanted to biopsy. Sure glad he did it was an early melanoma. He is terrific! Always personable and cares.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

I brought my wonderful but cranky 87 year old mom to Dr Schechter. My neighbor told me about this doctor that she has been using for years. June who works in the office was wonderfully nice in getting her in as she had bloody scab on her cheek. I was shocked how Dr Schechter engaged my mom who started out very grumpy not wishing to be in a doctors office. He asked her about her life where she was born where she grew up and even got her to laugh. She let him biopsy a scab on her face and when it came back a skin cancer did not seem to mind returning a second time for treatment. Excellent experience wonderful office and a terrific doctor.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

I am very happy with Dr Schechter. I have a lot of moles and a family history of melanoma. I used to see another Dermatologist who would do multiple biopsies on every visit and all the results came back normal. I have numerous scars to show for it. Dr Schechter who has been my doctor for the last year has been closely following me and has not done any unnecessary procedure. He has even sent me for special digital analysis to confirm his exam. Great Doc and really honest!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Excellent physician. diagnosed skin cancer on my back that was never noticed.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Completely and utterly incompentant misdiagnosed me. When I asked him to look closely instead of from 4' away he refused and handed me a script. I went to real dermatologist the next day which my itchy condiiton had improved and he said Dr Schechter was completely wrong and has no idea how a licensed dermatologist could make such a mistake. Condition has gone away. When I called Dr Schechter's office they continued to lie to me and said he prescribed me a steroid when in fact he prescribed me a pesticide that could have caused me phhysical harm for no reason. If he would have only gotten out of his chair maybe he could have made the proper diagnosis. If you care about your health do not visit this doctor. It is my goal to insure his license is revoked so he can not harm anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Very friendly and professional, though a little brusque. Not too aggressive with treatment/removal. Staff was very nice. Treated me quickly. Others seem to want to make friends...then complain that he is late for appointment. You can't have both. Overall the experience is what I expect from a medical professional.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

This was one of the worst experiences I have had with a doctor. I usually take my child to Manhattan because I find the quality of local doctors to be poor, however I decided to give Dr. a Schechter a try since the issue my child was having was not too serious. He came into the office and asked what the issue was. I told him and he wrote a prescription. He NEVER examined the areas in question, nor did he get within 3 feet of my child to actually look at the irritated areas. I left the office amazed at his level of unprofessionalism and sheer lack of care for doing his job. I will never go back.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

My 10 year old had an infection on his arm that was painful and swollen. I took him on a Sunday evening to the ER and they told me he had a boil and prescribed erythromycin pills. Two days later my sons arm was only slightly better and being concerned I asked my friend who recommended Dr Schechter for a second opinion. My son was fit in by Dr Schechter and after examinination he told us that my son appeared to have MRSA staph infection. He changed the antibiotic and performed cultures on the arm. within a day my sons arm had dramtically improved and two days later the doctor called and informed that my sons tests confirmed MRSA. The ER not only did not give the proper diagnosis but the infection was resistant to their medication. I am grateful to this doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Dr. Alan L. Schechter's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

HealthPartners