Ratings for Dr. Ronald Alan Ruden

I have not seen Dr. Ruden. he wouldn't know me if he ran me over. As they have grown they pushed me off to a young woman or man every time I go. someone new every time. When you call, you get put on hold for 5 minutes only to be told we'll call you back. I had to call for the est results. I asked them to email the results - they said go to the portal - the portal was broken. I admire how the practice has grown, but it is a factory now and I am no longer a patient, but rather a number in the database.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

JUST for an office visit. Didn't even see the Dr. Oh, and they never got back to me with my test results.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I have been going to Ron for many years: a brilliant diagnostician and thinker and very kind and helpful. But agree about the office staff. Has been a problem for years. Most should be fired and start over or send them all to training in customer service.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2010

Dr. Ruden is a rare find. Very personable and caring and he really listens when you talk to him. He likes what he is doing, and is very good at it, and even if you don't feel well when you leave, you feel better just having seen him. You can't say that about many doctors, especially in New York City.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

Dr Ruden is a brilliant, caring internist who thinks outside of the box. He has been my PCP for 12 years. I think it is wonderful that he has the PAs as a first line of defense. They are always professional and will see you the same day. Believe me, when you have strep throat or the flu, you dont want to wait 2 weeks to see the dr!! I love Dr Ruden and his PAs are great. A++++++

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

Dr. Ruden has been my PCP for over 15 years. He is an exceptional doctor, kind, knowledgeable, funny; he has always gone out of his way to help me in any aspect of my life which I have asked his help with.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Dr Ruden has been my PCP for 11 years and I have always felt in excellent care. Maybe I just get lucky but every time I see him for my annual physical he sits with me for at least 30 minutes answering all my questions, before he even starts the examination. He is personable, funny and extremely knowledgeable. But the best thing about Ruden is when I do have a serious problem, the specialists he refers are outstanding. I will never change doctors. The only complaint I have is that the wait times in the office have gotten very long.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

I love the punctuatlity, but it's at the sacrifice of not seeing the doctor anymore. I have been a patient for 14 years and recently saw Ruden for a physical but when I was sick, I saw a PA. And I agree with the comments on the PA's - mostly rude, immature and unprofessional. If only Ruden knew what they were doing!! They do not reflect the values upon which he originally started his practice.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2006

He has been my doctor for the past 10 years and he is the only one I see. I never see a PA. When I make my appointments they are made with him and him alone not with anyone else. I have never had a problem with not seeing him. Nor has it ever been suggested that I see a PA

flag | Submitted February 26, 2006

I agree 100% withthe first post. I too have been going to him for years and can no longer see him for anything except my physical. It's gotten to be worse than a factory and although I think he's great his administative staff can be rude and inefficient.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2005

Dr. Ronald Alan Ruden's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1979)