Ratings for Dr. Mark Bordenca

Dr Bordenca did Multiple surgeries on our family and His work was excellent. Each of the children's eyes are straight and perfect 4 yrs later. when my kids first went I found that he was at times abrupt but honestly what he needed to do he did and it was for their best. As my children got older and were able to understand he was much more engaging. Because of insurance we had to make use a different eye doctor. When they looked at my children's eyes they marveled at the quality of his work.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I do NOT recomend Dr. Bordenca. I came here to see if other people noticed the same problem I did, and its obvious that we are all experiencing the same things. I have taken my daughter to Dr. Bordeca about 4 times, hoping the visits would get better, but they just ended up being shorter and felt too rushed. He doesn't take the time to make my 4 yr. girl feel comfortable, she . ways gets all tense and doesn't answer him because she feels shy/scared. And ive noticed also that he doesnt really like when I ask question, he basically gives a very dry response. Her last visit with him, was about 5 min long. I walked out so upset , because he made me feel like he doesnt care for my daughters well being and thats when i decided thay i wasnt going to even bother to take her back anymore. Its sad because im really worried about one of my daughters eye and i feel like he shows no care for his patients. He should really reconsider working with children. Im not the only one that feels like this.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I was concerned my toddler would be nervous. He said he didn't care if she was or not, he would do his job, and it didn't matter to him. We were tossed in a room, hurriedly identified about 6 pics total, then given drops. If she did't answer what the picture was quick enough, he just moved on. She is barely 2, so rushing is not part of her life. We went in the hall to wait for drops to work. Then he looked at her with 2 lenses. Spent a total of about 3 minutes in both sessions. When I questioned why the other doctor said she needed glasses, he never explained anything - just said he would have seen if the problem was enough for glasses. He didn't even want to see the other doctor's notes. Not sure he even looked at her long enough to know if she was straining to see or not. Prescription of 2.5 at first doctor, and none with him. I hope he is right....

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I love Dr. Bordenca. He is lively and makes fun out of the appointment for my daughter. He is quick and will get you in and out, but still be thorough.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

The office and support staff are nice, but I will not recommend Dr. Bordenca. On both my visits he was abrupt. He failed to make any attempt to set my toddler at ease (she was terrified). He actually pinned her head to my chest so hard I felt it in my sternum, spending no more than a minute looking at her eyes and talking to us for maybe 20-30 seconds. We;ve been to him twice, and both experiences were like that...I was hoping maybe we just caught him on a bad day the first time, but I truly think he should reconsider working with children.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

He rushes you and when I asked a question he said that, "I will give it to you in my post-opt speech". During post opt questions he said, "I already discussed that during your visit. Don't you remember?" I thought that he was very rude.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2008

flag | Submitted April 14, 2008

Dr. Mark Bordenca's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mark Bordenca, M.D. is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist specializing in pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus. His undergraduate degree is from the University of Alabama and his medical school degree is from the University of South Alabama. He completed residency training at the University of Alabama and his fellowship training at Eye Consultants of Atlanta. Dr. Bordenca joined Eye Consultants of Atlanta in 2001 and practices at the Scottish Rite, Marietta locations, and Gwinnett-Lawrenceville locations.

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

HealthPartners