Ratings for Dr. Jairo E. Garcia

Dr. Garcia may be very knowledgable about his practice, but his demeanor is cold and abrupt. His follow-up is poor. He is terrible at returning phone calls and emails and when he does decide to communicate he is very short. He lacks the sensitivity that most women seeking fertility treatment would appreciate. I would not recommend him to anyone with fertility issues. All he wants to do is do IVF on everyone. Very little consideration for each individuals circumstances.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr Garcia is a highly knowledgeable, professional, and compassionate doctor. I am quite surprised at some of the previous posts. After some reflection, I seem to think that some of the posts are based more on unrealistic expectations rather than Dr Garcias competency and personality. Please keep in mind that this is a fertility clinic. His one job is to help women like us conceive a child. At the very beginning, I will admit, that the process seemed methodical and less than personable. But I tried to step back from the situation and look at it from a different perspective. Dr Garcia and his staff work with hundreds of women. We are on a time schedule. ... like down to the hour in some instances. The warm and fuzziness that some women are yearning for simply can't take place otherwise the staff can't do what they need to do. I'm not saying that there is not time for kindness and professionalism (which the staff has never lacked in my opinion). I think it comes down to this...the fertility process is a very emotionally grueling and painful experience. There is no other way to describe it. It is a process that takes us from an average woman to a warrior of you can find the endurance and strength to persevere. Please keep in mind though, that doctor Garcia's priority is to tend to the medical side of our needs. If you go to the clinic expecting for the doctor and staff to tend to the emotional challenges that go with this process, you will be disappointed. For women who have endured this process, I highly recommend finding a therapist who can support that aspect of your health as well. I just urge you not to penalize the doctor or the staff of the fertility center for sticking to their role in the process. I am highly confident in Dr Garcias abilities as a fertility specialist. He helped my husband and I conceive and despite a heartbreaking turn of events, I trust that he will help us again.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I love Dr. Garcia and his staff. I travel from Pennsylvania to see him. I had been treated awful at another practice and decided to seek other care. Everyone is so caring and helpful at greenspring . Dr. Garcia performed a dnc on me after a successful iui because the pregnancy was not viable. He and his staff were very sensitive to the situation and he got me in the very next day we discovered it needed to be done. I have since had another positive pregnancy test and really do not think it would have been possible without him and his staff.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I have been a patient for more than 2 years and I am a complicated one. He took on my case and has kept me safe. He always has a plan for me and he spends time when it counts. His nurses are well trained and I can always get an answer for any question any day of the week. The nurses know me as well now and have been so helpful. Going through the fertility process is a trip but I get up and drive 45 Minutes to his office because I have confidence that he will always make sure that I am well cared for.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Before I get into any details, if you are considering going here for treatment, DO NOT GO!!!! Dr. Garcia and his staff's bedside manner is AWFUL!!!! The nurses do not take the time to familiarize themselves with the patient's background for why they are receiving fertility treatment and when you ask questions, they all seem to be unsure of what is going on. Dr. Garcia and his nurses are very quick with you and they never take the time to make sure that the patient is comfortable or understands what is going on. I have been going here for the last 3 months and all it has been for my husband and I is a big emotional roller coaster!!!!!!!! One minute we are getting hopeful news and then the next minute we are getting bad news. They even went as far as calling in prescriptions for all of the fertility medications only for me to never be able to use them because each time I went for tests, they told me that I hadn't ovulated so I couldn't do the injections yet. Then another time I went, Dr. Garcia told me that I had a cyst that was blocking my reproductive system. Because of the cyst, he placed me on birth control and told me to come back in a month. When I went back, they told me that the cyst was gone and that was good. Each time, it's the same thing for me, ultrasound and downstairs for blood work. Then one of the nurses calls you to tell you that the blood work says whatever and it is just the same thing repeatedly only to get nothing more than you did before at the last appointment!!! They never explain what the FSH levels or any other levels indicate and because if this, I have found myself being my own doctor having to do my own research on what the terms that they use mean! This makes no sense to me because they are getting paid lots of money and they should be able to answer any questions that patients have no matter how many questions they ask!!! And please don't think you are going to ever get to the bottom line of what the options are for you because you aren't!!! Basically, in my opinion all this place is doing is collecting money from the insurance companies!!! If you are looking for a doctor that makes you feel comfortable, don't go here because you won't get that!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Very disillusioned and disappointed. I do NOT recommend this fertility center.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

I loved Dr.Garcia. I was treated badly at two other clinics. He figured out that I wasn't ovulating and corrected it. I have a daughter now. I'm intending on going right back to him when I'm ready for my second.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr. Garcia is wonderful. I was turned away from 2 other IVF clinics due to my medical issues. Dr. Garcia rose to the challenge and succeeded in getting me pregnant on both attempts. His entire office knows me and often asks about my well being as well as my family. He is very too the point and honest and that is what I like about him. Other doctors, I felt, strung me along and took my money and insurance and did nothing for me or would call me with the bad news right after I left their office, so they would not have to face me. I am so grateful to Dr. Garcia and his team and would recommend them to anyone looking to grow their family.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Dr Garcia told me to come in for an ultrasound between 7:30 and closing so I came in at 8 and was told by a nurse very sternly and loudly that I was late, she kept reprimanding me. I told her I understood and apologized. I had to tell her to move on, and stop reprimanding me since she very rudely told me 4 times I was late. Dr Garcia who was sitting 10 ft away, never came to stop her. I left crying since she was so rude to me. I was going for IVF and had a vaginal ultrasound, the person doing the ultrasound came in with another person, never introduced me to themselves or the other person, never told me what they were going to do or why. Dr Garcia never reviewed or looked up the meds I was on or looked them up to see if they were safe for getting pregnant, not once. It is like a factory in there. I am stuck going there because I work for Johns Hopkins and have no other options. The receptionist and the blood draw staff were really great. Go elsewhere, get treated with respect

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!! This doctor is HORRIBLE! After 9 months went to another doctor who confirmed his office and staff had done sloppy work and that their examination results did not match up with the blood work done by the labratory. Blood tests don't lie! Confronted him with these problem so that he could resolve them and said I should go elsewhere! Nurses are rude as well, mentioned that to him too and he said they complained about me! I was not rude to them but frustrated with never being able to call in for questions always have phone on voice mail and the office never returning my calls. Isn't he providing a "service"? DO NOT GO HERE! You will be wasting your time and money and jeapordizing your health!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

Dr. Jairo E. Garcia's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ De Antioquia, Fac De Med, Medellin, Colombia (Grad. 1968)

AHC