Ratings for Dr. Lloyd T. Winger

Dr. Winger is a caring, competent surgeon who explains options with incredible clarity. His work on my wife's breast cancer was perfect. She remains clear after a number of years. His staff is very helpful & also caring.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Awesome Dr. VERY CARING. Explains in terms I could understand. He even drew a picture to explain what he did.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

Dr Winger is one of the nicest most compassionate dr's I have been to in a long time and I have been to a LOT of dr's! He did surgery that other doctors did not want to do cus they said was too complicated but he ssid I dhouldbt have to wait for something bad to happen before I get fixed ! He is just so caring and explains in detail everything !

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I used Dr. Winger to have a tumor removed from my abdomen. Surgery went flawlessly...not problems and I liked him very much. It was to be sent for biopsy and when I didn't get the results, I called the office a few days later. I called about 9 am and was told someone would call me back. When no one called by 4:30, I called again. I called twice. A few minutes later, a staff member of his called and said, "Your biopsy was fine. I hear you're blowing up the phone." Really? I called twice, buddy, and when you have a biopsy and want the results, I'll be sure to be as uncompassionate as you.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Winger during an ER visit and hospitalization last year. He is an excellent doctor, his bedside manner is outstanding and he really took the time to explain things in a way that I understood. He made daily visits the entire time I was in the hospital. The follow up visits at his office rendered the same excellent care and his staff is just as nice and caring. I never felt like he was rushing to get to the next patient. I have recently needed a surgical evaluation and I didn't have to think twice about who to call, Dr. Winger was my first choice, and once again he has proved that he is a wonderful doctor. I would definitely recommend Dr. Winger, he is by far, the best doctor!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

Dr. Winger was referred to me by Piedmont Hospital for a surgery that needed to be performed within a couple of weeks. He was absolutely fantastic! Excellent bedside manner, very helpful, answers questions thoroughly and uses terms (layman) that you can understand. And he visits his patients DAILY while you are hospitalized. Hopefully I won't have to need another surgery ever, but if I did, I will definitely call upon him.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2008

Dr. Lloyd T. Winger's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 2000)