Ratings for Dr. Mark Alan Friedberg

I was a patient of Dr. friedberg for a full year. The following is the letter I sent him: Dear Dr. Friedberg, March 20, 2018 I have been your patient for the past year, and I have visited your office more than a dozen times for my monthly injections. Although my vision has improved, I would like to inform you that I no longer wish to come to you for further treatment. I have reached this conclusion because throughout my visits to your office I have been subjected to your repeated disrespectful manners. I am certain this behavior is not personally directed at me and most likely has nothing to do with me, but rather this is the way you treat all your patients. You have proven to me time and time again that you lack professionalism, understanding, respect, and empathy for your patients. You have an unacceptable chair-side manner. The way you treat your patients is appallingly disrespectful. You get angry when asked a question and if pressed you give an answer at a 2nd grade level. Your rude behavior has trickled down to your employees and assistants, and they follow your suit. The prime example of that is your assistant Pearl. She is the nastiest assistant I have ever met. She should be reprimanded or dismissed for the way she treats people. For the entire year that I visited your office once every four weeks, I was tolerating your dismissiveness and rudeness just because you are a good ophthalmologist with a good education and experience, and improvement in my vision was outweighing your bad attitude toward me. But on my last visit of 03/17/18 your behavior became just unacceptable and you truly crossed the line. I was appalled by your rudeness. I have never met another healthcare professional that treats their patients remotely as badly as you do, and I have visited many doctors for myself and my family in my life time. I find it unfortunate that a person of your caliber with your education, knowledge, and experience lacks proper communication skills to make his patients comfortable, happy, and respected.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

The staff was wonderful but Dr. Friedberg is the best. I was on vacation when I suffered a detached retina. We traveled home two weeks later and was advised that I needed surgery immediately. Due to the length of time that had transpired, the Doctor was less than optimistic. However, he did a marvelous job and Im pleased to report that my vision came back so far better then originally expected. It was due to his fine work!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

Dr Friedberg is an amazing doctor.. He performed cataract surgery on both eyes and a retinal reattachment on one of them. My vision is now so good I don't need glasses. He and his staff are extremely knowledgeable and comforting. Any questions I had were answered. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Friedberg. I would highly recommend him to anyone with any type of eye issue. He is the BEST!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

He is wonderful. Did cataract surgery on me and my looks great and I feel great. I would recommend him to any and everybody.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Dr Friedberg is a wonderful opthamologist. Great personality and wonderful staff. He's done wonders on my eyes and I would recommend him to anyone with eye problems.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Dr Friedberg and his staff where absolutly wonderful. had 2 rips in my retina and he fixed me right up..took me right in and did surgery the same day!!....i'm all good...thx Dr. Mark!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I had a scleral buckle procedure done to repair my detached retina. Under Dr. Friedberg's care, I have made a full recovery without any complications and my vision is (for the most part) back to where it should be. I am very satisfied with how everything turned out and would highly recommend Dr. Friedberg!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

An excellent surgeon I had cataract surgery & couldn't be happier with the results

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

THE STAFF WAS VERY ACCOMADATING IN THE OFFICE AND AT THE HOSPITAL DR FRIEDBERG WAS COMFORTING AND PROFESSIONAL I HAD CATERACT SURGERY ON BOTH EYES NOW I CAN SEE CLEARLY I HAD NO IDEAL MY EYES WERE THAT BAD I REALLY ENJOY TV AND LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW AT MOTHER NATURES BEAUTY I WILL DEFINITY RECOMMEND HIM

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Friedberg performed cataract surgery on my eyes. I found him to be professional and thorough in all my meetings with him. I was nervous with surgery, he and his staff put me at ease and kept me informed throughout the procedure. I recommend Dr. Freidberg highly.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr. Mark Alan Friedberg's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal