Ratings for Dr. Jeffery T. Alford

Beware of overbilling. Dr Alford and his staff are not very helpful.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

They overbilled my insruance and didn't even have the courtesy to explain themselves or even apologize. Be careful of this place. They just want your money.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

I was coughing up blood, had significant pleuritic chest pain, had a seizure 2 weeks prior, minor inflammation in a leg vein 1 year prior, no fever and otherwise I did not feel bad. I explained these symptoms to Dr. Alford. He told me I had a virus, to come back if it didn't get better. Coughing up blood cleared up in a few days, the chest pain subsided ~10 days later. Three months later my leg hurt, swelled up and turned purple. Diagnosis was DVT, a severe blood clot in my leg and abdomen that had resulted in a pulmonary embolism, the seizure, the coughing up of blood and pleuritic chest pain. This was literally a text book case of DVT, a major leading cause of death in the US. Naively, I visited Alford with the swollen leg and he treated me as an outpatient. I should have been admitted to hospital urgent care immediately. He then prescribed improper medication dosage complicating my condition. Not enough room here to explain the rest. This guy is grossly incompetent.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

Our whole family uses Dr. Alford and has for many years. He has given excellent referrals to specialists and surgeons when needed. His nurse, Jay, is THE BEST. We never wait very long and if something is wrong with one of us, she'll typically squeeze us in quickly.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

He is our family doctor and treats me, my husband, my son and my daughter-in-law. We have complete faith in him and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

Dr. Jeffery T. Alford's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1992)