Ratings for Dr. Steven Eric Rokito

I couldn't make an appointment with the orthopedist of my choice, so I got one with Dr. Rokito. I had an x-ray in the office and was told that nothing was broken. He ordered an MRI which I had done the next morning. I had a follow up appointment with him, but I received a call that he was not going to be there, so I'd need to reschedule. After a few days, I called his office to find out the results of the MRI. I was told I'd get a call back. I never did. I then arranged to have the MRI report sent to another specialist in the City, and the next morning, I received a call from that doctor who told me that I have a rotator cuff tear. I'm have an appointment to see him. I also had the feeling, when I was examined by Dr. Rokito, that he wasn't particularly interested in what he was doing.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

I saw dr.Rokito for my shoulder injury. I already had the X-ray done before an appointment that did not show any major problems. But I was in a lot of pain and could not move my arm a all. When I came to the office his nurse opened my X-ray on the screen and said that they covered very small clevical area and I would need to take another one. When dr.Rokito came, he did a very brief basic evaluation, had a quick glance on the screen.... and said that I do not need the surgery. That's all, go home! :) No more X-rays or any other tests. Ne did not care at all. But I was so stupid to believe him. I continued to have terrible pain and in three months I went to another doctor, had MRI and it showed multiple tears in my shoulder. The situation was so serious that I need a rotator cuff surgery ASAP. I basically lost almost 4 months because of his poor diagnosis! And took all this pain for nothing.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

I went to Dr. Rokito as a specialist and though his sports medicine background would be helpful. The reality was the he wasn't interested at all in my problem. He just wanted to leave the room after a cursory look. I showed him what caused sharp pains. He tried some other movements which caused less severe pain and said my problem didn't fit into anything he could diagnosis. From that point on he basically gave up trying. I wore a brace for 2 months on his advice and it did not help. He made me wait over 2 hours during my follow up visit and seemed no more interested during the second time. Not recommended at all.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

This is the worst staff I ever had to deal with. They never return phone calls,you have to keep calling over & over & still get no results. When you go to the office the staff is rude & more interested in their personal lives/conversations than helping the staff.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

Dr. Rokito's office appeared to be very busy, with perturbed office staff (who did genuinely seem to be doing their best) having trouble maintaining order. The doctor seemed like he really preferred to be doing something else. He wasn't invested in helping me with my problem: A doctor with a different specialty entirely was actually far more willing to examine me and to take the time to understand the nature of my problem. This specialist explored none of that. Searching the internet and talking to the other doctor, there are basic diagnostic tests (I mean just a physical examination, nothing expensive) that can be performed to attempt to localize my issue. Dr. Rokito did not do this with me. When he suggested over-the-counter treatments that I had already tried, and I told him so, he seemed at a loss. Maybe he was having a bad day, but I was given the impression that I was taking up his time, and that's not a good vibe to give off - even in the cases where it might be true.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Highly recommend. Not a surgery happy doctor like some others. Kept me out of many surgeries in the past with numerous sports injuries. Did finally perform a very rare procedure that went great. Surgery and Post-op went as planned. Did not sting me along and make me come in any longer than necessary. Very prompt with his appointments. His personal assistant is outstanding in getting things done. Dr. Rokito is not a big talker, but does thoroughly explain everything. The reason I mention this is some people like a doc who will chit chat the whole time. He is pretty focused with what he is doing. I have seen many other orthopedists in the area, but this guy is best! Everyone I have ever referred has always been happy. Only negative thing is that the Great Neck office staff did seem to change in the past year or so and I am not sure if it is for the better (not returning phone calls).

flag | Submitted June 19, 2010

Dr. Rokito took me as a patient when no one else would take me since my surgery was done out of state. Worked with me through physical therapy to reach maximum possible wellness. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

Workers Comp claim for compound fracture of left humerus (upper arm). Dr Rokito operated to place steel reinforcement (after another doctor messed about with cast/brace for 4 months to no effect). arm is strong and Dr Rokito is excellent. Only negative is that he did not like me questioning anything. I had crepitation when I moved the arm, 3 months after surgery, and he did not react well to my asking why, nor did he ever answer the question.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2008

This was a WC claim for a dislocated shoulder. Dr. Rokito performed surgery after several dislocations. I have great mobility and strength and no noticeable scars. If I called for any reason my call was answered quickly and I had a contact person to help with all the questions and paperwork. Excellent through and through.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

I had ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair performed by Dr. Rokito two years after the skiing injury. Unusual pain the next morning after surgery was a result of knee brace locked on too tight after anesthetic wore off, but the doctor actually returned my call at 6am (!) and told me to go ahead and re-adjust the brace. Everything else went relatively well and the knee is much stronger right now. Numbness is still there after more than 9 months but it slowly goes away. Scarring is minimal for this kind of procedure. Ask Dr. Rokito for a reference to a physical therapy center and make sure you go through your sessions.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2006

Dr. Steven Eric Rokito's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Great Neck, NY