Ratings for Dr. Patricia D. Salvato

The world needs many more doctors like Dr. Salvato! She is simply amazing and very caring even though she is so busy and sees patients non-stop. Her knowledge is vast and she listens to you and works "with" you. Agree with others her front office reception needs an overhaul and customer service training. And it's enough to make you not want to even go there what you have to go through to get an appointment with short attitude of those on the front end. But once your in and as long as your friendly things go just fine with the staff. I think they are overworked and need more or different people working the front for a better experience. After all everyone is so desperate and just trying to manage... a little happy caring expression would be nice vs. a NEXT person attitude.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

She did blood test for an autoimmune disorder and told me I didn't have it. That was incorrect. I needed a procedure to rule it out, which she didn't know or tell me.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

She just wanted to me to buy her bottle of pills. There was no other treatment discussed.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Salvato's since 1993 initially she was my mother's doctor and when I became ill after the birth of my youngest my mother skillfully tricked me into a visit thinking I was taking her. Needless to say Dr. Salvato is and has seen me through the last twenty plus years of my life, which I know would have been intensely more difficult without her knowledge and care.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I think she is an awesome doctor , especially if your having nerve pain, and other autoimmune illnesses. She is very knowledgeable and even though it is hard to get that first visit when you do see her she spends a lot of time with you and gives you articles and lots of information to read about your treatment and treatment ideas. I don't know where I would be without her. Praise God for this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Please fire Maria and the other useless staff there. I hear amazing things about Dr. Salvato, but it is completely ruined by her rude and unprofessional staff. I struggle with chronic fatigue and really need a grear physician to help me, but it's impossible to even schedule an appointment. Maria is a terrible person to deal with new patients. Please just get rid of her, and hire somebody who actually cares and wants to do good work.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I never had the chance to even see Dr. Salvato, so I am not rating her as a doctor. I am simply writing to express my disappointment in her staff, particularly Maria in billing. I booked this new patient appt 3 mos ago. The day before my appt at 345 (they close at 5), I noticed that I had a missed call on my cell phone. I call the number back and talk to Maria, who informs me that my insurance is "inactive" and that the PCP name is not Dr. Salvato. I tell her that no, that's not correct, I have the cards, and it says Dr. Salvato right on it. She continues to tell me that it is inactive , so I tell her that I have to call BCBS, but by this time it is 448, and there is no way I can get this resolved before they close at 5. She tells me that once I get it resolved that I can let them know at my appt. I call a supervisor at BCBS and let them know what 's going on and we get it resolved. There is a mishap with the premium and Healthcare.gov screwed up my premium payment , so it shows that I owe more than I do. I have to send in an appeal to get this resolved. But because it still shows that I owe more on my premium payment,. Today, after I drove in from Katy and explained this to a very unfriendly Maria, she said that I cannot use my insurance because it's a 50/50 chance that it won't get paid. I put BCBS supervisor Jason on the phone with her to assure her that this claim will be paid, and she still refuses me. I took the day off without pay for this appt. If I would have been advised of this even a few days before the appt, I could've gotten this resolved. She was the most unfriendly person I have had to deal with and basically I left feeling like this office cares more about $ than patient care. I am hoping that this whole inconvenience and terrible treatment is a blessing in disguise and that I am meant to find a doctor office who cares about patients and helping them instead of doing the opposite. Dr. Salvato may be a great doctor, but I will never have the chance to find out, as I am never stepping foot in that office again. Btw, it is a good thing that I decided to call back the missed call #, because she didn't even leave a message, or try to call my home #.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr Salvato has been my Doctor for over 15 years. She is very caring and has helped me so much with my fibromyalgia. She is always up on the latest, and shares copies of the clinical literature in her office. I recently had to move out of state and I don't think I will ever find a doctor as good as she is. I ask my current doctor here to talk with her and she was able to explain to him where I was with my meds and various diagnoses. My brother recently went to her and he has been very impressed. after reviewing all the symptoms and looking at the blood test, she determined he had Rocky Mountain spotted fever and has been treating him. In summary, I feel like she is a superb Doctor. The office seems a bit disorganized at times. I think because they are just so busy and also they have student physician assistants there. That would be my only complaint.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

I was diagnosed with MS by another doctor. Started she Dr. Salvato, she told me that was a false diagnoses and found out with blood work what my issuse were.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Only Dr out of all my specialists that actually listened, discussed mefical issues, and diagnosed and treated the very real and debilitating illness that stole my energy: CFS/M.E. I can't thank her enough for working with me!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

Dr. Patricia D. Salvato's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1981)