Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Klotz

I left the comment June 14/2018, and I am not “nuts”. I posted what I experienced. Period. Having said that, others may disagree with my comments and I am very sorry about those experiences, however, there is no need to attack me or my comments. Your belligerence to me is inappropriate and unfair.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

Whoever saw Dr. Klotz recently and found him very professional (comment on Jun 14, 2018), are you nuts? His practice is restricted for a reason. He has and always had two left hands and because of that “invented” treatment called “watch and wait”. But in his interpretation and implementation that treatment became just “Wait” without “Watch”. He ruined health and even life of many patients (read the comments).

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

I am glad to hear his practice is under supervision. Because of his incompetence and use of unclean tools and facilities, I nearly died of septic shock. It is shocking that he is allow to practice at all.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

I will never pull my pants down for you Laurie Klotz. Awkward social cues. Resident doctor misdiagnosed with a condition I don't even have. Shame on you Dr. Laurie Klotz, shame on you!!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

Check out The College of Physicians and Surgeons website on Dr.Lawrence Klotz as he is now under investigation by the board as of February 2018 who have placed him on supervised medical restrictions.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

I recently saw Dr Klotz and his research fellow Dr Bass. Both were very professional, great bedside manner. Not punctual, but it was end of day and I’m sure they were catching up. I look forward to seeing them for my follow up care.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

If I could, I would give him -1. Absolutely terrible doctor, he actually doesn't deserve even to be called a doctor. He misinterpreted and misdiagnosed my prostate cancer. He didn't want to send me to MRI for years, because he needed to save government's money. He is under investigation now and I hope his license will be revoked. Below is a detailed information: http://www.cpso.on.ca/DoctorDetails/Klotz-Laurence-Harold/0025552-30375 Source: Member Active Date: February 2, 2018 Expiry Date: Summary: Summary of the Undertaking given by Dr. Laurence Harold Klotz to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, effective February 2, 2018: A College investigation is being conducted into Dr. Klotz’s practice. As a result of the investigation, Dr. Klotz has restricted his practice: Dr. Klotz will perform ureteric and renal surgery for trauma cases requiring immediate operative intervention (within eight [8] hours of injury) only in the presence of the general surgeon on call for trauma surgery, who is prepared to assist if needed. Dr. Klotz will abide in all respects with terms set out in an agreement with Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, by which, among other things, he will not perform: i. Partial nephrectomies; ii. Nephro-ureterectomies; iii. Cytoreductive nephrectomies; iv. Nephrectomies except under certain conditions listed in Appendix “A” to his undertaking; v. Retroperitoneal lymph node dissections for testicular cancer; vi. Reconstructive procedures including ureterectomies for malignancy with ureteral reconstruction; vii. Radical cystectomies; and viii. Open (non-robotic) prostatectomy for benign or malignant disease. Dr. Klotz will not perform the above procedures anywhere that he practices medicine. This does not prevent him from performing ureteric and renal surgery as necessary for trauma cases as described above.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

I had waited months to see Dr. Klotz. When I got to the admission desk in his office, it looked to me that the secretary was an absolute scatterbrain. There was no line up and she was dealing with different clients at the same time leaving most of them totally bewildered as to what they were supposed to do next. When I managed to squeeze in to see her, she told me that I needed a referral from my family doctor. I told her that there was a referral made but she said she could not find one . I then showed her a copy of the referral on my iPhone, she said these things happen and to stand aside while she attended to other things. After a while I was exasperated and asked her to give me my OHIP card as I was not prepared to wait any longer. It was already more than half an hour after my appointment and I did not know if and when I will see the doctor. She then went looking for my file and came back with and empty folder and asked to fill some kind of a questionnaire, but no trace of my referral which included all the required information about my medical history, and the relevant tests that I had already had and would be necessar for my meeting with the doctor. I was frustrated enough to cancel my meeting seeing how many people were already ahead of me, and the missing documents that would make a meeting with the doctor useful. I cannot for the life of me understand why such a secretary is kept in her position when she is such a nervous reck, takes it out on the clients, and seriously deficient in any kind of organizational skills. I am sure the clinic can easily find someone who is better qualified. It is regrettable that someone like cannot be sued for wasting the time of so many. There is an abundance of evidence below.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Dr. Klotz is one of the worst doctors I've ever seen. When my father-in-law was being seen for bladder cancer, my husband asked him if he could use an analgesic so that he wouldn't be in pain when he used the catheter. He gave my husband a sly smirk, as he went ahead eating his rice. He left my father-in-law I'm excruciating pain. Trust me, I'm not a person who wound ever lie about this. My father-in-law died in May, 2015. He could have survived a s lived longer had it not been for that traumatic episode. He was afraid to go back to any doctor for treatment because he thought he wouldn't be given an analgesic to numb his urethra. I would have fought tooth and nail for him had I not had my plate full with other issues. Good doctors don't ignore a simple request to keep a dying man from suffering more. I still intend on lodging a full complaint.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

I consider dr. KLotz to be too busy & badly served by a very poor secretary . My experience was bad if not neglectful & would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018