Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Klotz

Expedient reception, pre-completed documentation, short waiting. Friendly staff, attentive junior doctor, very kind personal attention by the skilled and helpful nurse (thank you, Carisse!).

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Lawrence Klotz is responsible for the death of my family member. He lied about the operation timeline, lied about the amount of cancer he removed, lied by not revealing the attempt at fixing a perforation he made during surgery and while the patient subsequently filled up with fluid he assured us everything was fine. It is my opinion that Klotz is like a drunk driver in a surgical suite, what suits him and his monsterous pride is far more important then being open and direct about an attempt to fix a mistake. Do not trust this man, listen to your gut as his lips flap....your life depends on it.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I saw Dr. Klotz at Sunnybrook. You wait forever and usually see a Resident. His receptionist is extremely rude - except when Dr. Klotz is nearby. Dr. Klotz should stick to surgery as he is incapable of managing the clinic. Post surgery care at Sunnybrook was terrible as they sent me home after prostate cancer surgery without even a night bag. It was nearly impossible to get an appointment to have the catheter taken out. It was finally taken out 6 days after the due date for removal. There are better places to go so please investigate them if you wish to get back to good health.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Klotz to everybody. He took a good care of me. I was in big, big trouble and I am healthy now. I was lucky I met him. Top notch professional. That’s all I care and that’s all I want to say.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Dr. Klotz is truly a threat to your loved ones health. Please please do not trust this man with your health. His arrogance, lack of diligence, inability to communicate and total ineptitude makes for a dangerous mad man man being at the helm of your or a loved ones health. His lack of professionalism is a threat to life. Period.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr. Klotz is an amazing urologist! He really took good care of my urological issue. I would easily refer him to any friends or family. A real inspiration to the medical community. edgeable, but he is a truly compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

If your dad, or loved one in your family has prostate cancer, avoid him. He did a poor procedure on my job, and referred him to another urologist at Sunnybrook to 'fix' the problem. It was an even worst decision because my dad is no longer here. He did nothing to help. His level of arrogance is ridiculous. I no longer have my dad, but please do not send the most important people in your life to see him.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

My wonderful and loving father will not be here for Father's Day because of this man. We trusted him to give my dad the best treatment, and when complications arose, he passed him off to another urologist who was just as worst. Please stay away from Sunnybrook, especially the urology department. You will be waiting for a ridiculous amount of time, and then when you do meet with any doctor, you have to go back again and again. Ridiculous system! This should not be happening! If you value and love the most important men in your life, please do not go there.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Stay away from him! He did a procedure on my dad and it failed him. He referred us to another urologist, who was even worst! Stay away from the urology dep't. at Sunnybrook! If you value your father, husband or brother-please go to another hospital!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

My father was referred to Dr. Klotz for prostate surgery as a first procedure (April 2013), to be followed up with surgery for kidney cancer a few months later (July 2013). My father was a type 2 diabetic and this was known. For the first surgery, he never came out or sent anyone out of the surgical room to tell us the surgery was over or talk to us about what had happened. We, the family, had to come find him after he had been in his office for over an hour after his last surgery. For the second surgery a few months later, the resident came to talk to us immediately after the surgery telling us everything had gone fine. As we were about to leave the surgical wait room, Dr. Klotz himself called to speak to us and told us everything went fine. My mother and I looked at each other, commenting that in comparison to last time when no one gave us any information, this was overkill. We wondered what had actually happened. It only took us four weeks to find out. My dad started suffering from congestive heart failure. Apparently, my father had had a heart attack during the surgery, but Dr. Klotz, the anesthesiologist and the resident all failed to inform us. When my father returned for a follow up appointment two months after surgery and showed him his swollen legs and complained about feeling like he was "drowning" when he laid down, Klotz simply put him on medication to remove the fluid and waived the symptoms away as meaningless. It was not until two months later that my father was finally, at the behest of my mother to his GP, referred to a cardiologist who told us my father had had a heart attack during surgery and he was now suffering from congenital heart disease. To this day, Dr. Klotz has never told us that my father had a heart attack on the table during the surgery. My father died in February 2015 from congenital heart disease. As far as I am concerned, failure to disclose that your patient had a heart attack during your surgical procedure is negligence!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016