Dr. Matthew Eidem

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Matthew Eidem

Dr. Eidem is very knowledgeable and caring, Dr Eidem and his staff were very helpful working me I have had about 8years experience with thisDr.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Eidem and his staff. I have had Dr Eidem as my GI doctor for 5 years and he and his staff have consistently been outstanding. They are always professional, courteous, personal and caring. They are prompt with responses to any questions I may have, and they are always thorough. Additionally, they always make sure I understand everything I have been told. I honestly could not be happier with a doctor than I am with Dr. Eidem and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

He is a very nice man and his staff is just as friendly and very caring.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr. Eidem is very knowledgeable and caring, the staff was very professional, friendly and caring. The procedure went well, I was briefed after and then they did a follow-up check the next day to ensure everything went OK.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr Eidem is truly the only doctor I have had the pleasure of going to that I love to see. He never rushes you, answers all your questions, and never makers you feel like you are keeping him from seeing other patients.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2018

I have not had the chance to meet with the Dr., however the staff is outstanding!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2018

Was everything I expected after another family member previously used him

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

Dr Eidem and his staff are professional and amazing

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

Dr. Eidem and his staff are the best! They exceeded any expectations that I had! They are very professional, knowledgeable and gave me assurance when I had both my colonoscopy and endoscopy during the same procedure! I trust them implicitly!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

Dr Eidem and his staff were very helpful working me in during an onset of symptoms and gave me a plan of action while I waited for my office visit. Their new offices are super convenient and very nice and the whole staff is friendly and eager to help. Dr. Eidem did not rush me through my appointment and answered all my questions. He also performed my colonoscopy and that process was extremely efficient. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2018

Dr. Matthew Eidem's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Matthew Eidem, MD in Plano, TX was born and raised in rural Minnesota. He earned his medical degree at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Eidem then moved to San Antonio, TX to complete his post-graduate training in internal medicine and gastroenterology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He spent a year as a Clinical Instructor at the University of Texas Health Science Center after being selected Chief Resident of the Internal Medicine program. Dr. Eidem is board-certified in gastroenterology and internal medicine. Outside of Medicine, Dr. Eidem enjoys sports (Minnesota Vikings), traveling and spending time with his family. He is married and has two children.

• English

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 2000)
  • University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (Grad. 2007)

• Colonoscopy
  • Colon polyps
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Upper endoscopy
  • Capsule endoscopy
  • Barrett's esophagus

• Best Doctors in Dallas 2014
  • Patient's Choice Award, 2008-2013
  • Department of Medicine Fellow of the Year (2006) - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio