Ratings for Dr. Margarita Gelpi

I used to be a patient. The first time she ever met me she said I would never get pregnant. No exam was done this was all through a conversation at the time. I went to her to a couple years. She was disrespectful to me and my husband. Rubbed my husbands belly and basically told him he was fat which he is not. Leaving her practice was the best thing to ever happen to me. I am now 35 weeks pregnant and seeing an amazing GYN/OB office that I will never leave. Hopefully she has improved over the years but when I went to her it was a horrible experience. When I left I asked for my medical records which I never was able to receive.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

is so rude and not helpful.. I feel like I am having infaction and I am in pain so I went to see the Doctor and she didn't took my urine or anything and she didn't have me any medicine and told me that I have to wait until Wednesday when reports come she will have nurse to call me and if I have anything wrong she will give me medicine I told her right away that I have my gaynic doctor but she do not have any appointments till 21st and I am in so much pain and I don't even think I can handle this even in this weekend so I came friday so I don't have to suffer in weekend she didn't gave me any medicine or when I told she seems not to care.. when she was checking on me I was having pain instead of making me clam down she was kept getting mad at me.. doctor is horrible but the nurse was so sweet.. now I feel like I didn't even go to doctor because I waste my money and didn't got any medicine.. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. SHE ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY NOT ABOUT HER PATINCE.. AWFUL.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

This is the worst gynecologist I have ever been to. She literally sneered at me because of a medication I was taking and proceeded to berate me because in her opinion all I needed to do was eat 30 almonds to fix the problem( I kid you not, she said I needed to eat almonds.....). She proceeded to the exam and physically hurt me, at which point I told her and she still continued until I started crying and then was extremely rude about it. NEVER go to this doctor, unless you have no other choice for care, even then I think I'd go to a veterinarian before I went to her again. I am baffled that she is still practicing and now see why I was able to make an appointment so quickly. She is a disgusting example of a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Worst experience I have ever had with doctor! She was VERY late, curt, and she physically hurt me during my exam. I was cringing and told her and her nurse, she shrugged it off and made a rude remark to me. I was very offended. Please do not give her your business.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

THIS WAS THE WORSE GYN I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. I HAVE NEVER HAD A DOCTOR TELL ME SHE CANT SPEND ANYMORE TIME EXPLAINING MEDS WITH ME. INSURANCE WONT ALLOW HER. HER STAFF VERY VERY RUDE.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

This is the WORST doctor's office! Not to mention the doctor. Everybody is extremely rude, she didn't listen to me when I was explaining my issue. The office staff is so lazy and rude that they won't even fax my prescription to my insurance company. Totally worthless group of "professionals". I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

The doctor was unfriendly and didn't seem to care about my health. When I tried to explain some problems I was having, she completely brushed me off and seemed not to take me seriously. I will never go back to her office again and would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

Aren't doctors supposed to HELP you??? This Dr didn't seem to care much about helping me with my problem. She may dael with this stuff every day but I don't and I expect a little compassion when I'm paying a doctor for their time and help.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

I saw this doctor today and she was terrible. I was horrified by the way she treated me and my husband was in the office with me too. I was sent to her because my PMC is worried that I have cancer. I am 54 years old. In all of my years I have never had such a rude doctor, plus she did not seem to have basic knowledge. This is very scary to think a doctor like this is in practice. I plan to report her to my insurance company and also some other places. Also, the exam she did was rough and awful. I was bleeding after a simple pelvic exam. Needless to say, I spoke with the cancer society and I will need another doctor. This doctor will need to live with her own conscience. No, I will never recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008

Dr. Margarita Gelpi's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1972)