Ratings for Dr. Avery M. Jackson

I would not recommend Dr. Jackson because his PA's and staff constantly diagnose you differently. They contradict each other and leave the patient feeling very confused. Too many hands in the cookie jar at this office and the RN's in the hospital are rude. After my second surgery, these nurses would point and laugh at me because I was in so much pain. Also, it was required that I use a walker after my surgery but Avery nor any of the staff had told me that. This was the worse experience of my life and also, they do not like to give you anything for pain! Oh, and by chance if you are a smoker, best find somewhere else to have your procedure, they will nicotine test you without telling you. My surgery was post-poned 2 weeks because I was wearing a nicotine patch the day of the blood screening. Like, I was punished for quitting smoking! Redicuolus!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I would not recommend Dr.Jackson!! period not a good

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

My husband saw Dr. Jackson for severe back pain. Our doctor's office alerted us to the fact we would have to wait a while because he was a very busy surgeon but he was an excellent doctor. The surgery took over two hours longer than expected but Dr. Jackson took care of all problems he found when he was in there. We are so happy because for the first time in four years my husband has very little pain and he's just three weeks from surgery. We would recommend Dr. Jackson and his staff without hesitation.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Very attentive on initial appt for laminectomy needed for my husband after a fall. Prayed with us before the surgery (wow!! & much appreciated) PAs were great!! Sara & Cara were very knowledgable & helpful. Saw dr after surg for explanation of procedure, update. I am a RN & would highly recommend. Don't say that lightly as I work on a surg unit. One thing I was not happy about was not told we could req private room, no extra charge. Hate semi private rooms w/a passion.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

I seen Dr. Jackson in 2001 in Winchester Va.He did surgery on my back with fusion and hardware. I have had noting but pain since the surgery. When I told him it was no better he would say it has to be I operated on it. Needless to say in 2005 I was still in severe pain and come to find out the hardware was in the wrong place and had to be removed. I positively not recommend this Doctor to operate on anyone. It was one of the worst experience in my life. As of today 2012 I am still having back problems.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

I'm shocked by some of the other comments here! I am extremely pleased with Dr. Jackson and his staff! Dr. Jackson accommodated all of my concerns and questions during my consult visit - I never felt rushed or inconvenienced. The office staff was very professional, courteous, and kind - a model for other physician offices to follow! The PAs are awesome - very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. I had micro disc surgery and the pain, numbness, and discomfort in my legs are all gone. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

I would not recommend Dr.Jackson!! I know Dr's need to make money. But after my experience, I feel like I am nothing more to him than a something on an assembley line. Does he really care about the pain I am in?Dr. Jackson did sugery on my back last year. The sugery was cancelled after I had spent 6 hours of laying in a bed (due to staffing problems). I spent months waiting for this sugery to take away my pain. I financial had prepared for the sugery. To be sent home after all this was quite traumatizing! I was rescheduled for sugery two weeks later at 2pm. I had to be at the hosiptal at 12pm, I was not taken back intill 8pm. I did not come out from recovery intil 11:30pm. Should a Dr. be allowed to do sugery for 16 hours a day? SUGERY NOT SUCCESSFULL!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

Day of surgery and remaining hospital stay never saw dr, only PA. Dr. seems to be very rushed and doesnt fully listen to me, which appears to have caused incorrect surgery to be done. He is very friendly when I do see him. Office staff often makes mistakes with insurance paperwork and are not very friendly when I have simple questions. I have found them unwilling to help. My appointments are often rescheduled and I am notified by mail! I don't think in all my appointments including surgery have been done on the day I orginally made appointment. Both his PA's are very very wonderful. I cannot say enough about them. Overall, I feel as though Dr. didn't listen and was quick to get me out of the office. I would have liked to have felt more important especially after surgery.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

Spent over 2 hours in waiting room, with 82 yr. old Mother who was in pain. When he finally showed up, spent no more than 5 minutes with us, gave me a website to go to to find the diagnosis & treatment, and scheduled treatment. Gave my Mother virtually no information for follow up & wasn't even there for the treatment. We are finding another doctor for follow up and will not spend any more time with this doctor whom we no longer trust, at all.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

My husband had surgery for neck pain. Total success. Our only complaint is that we almost never saw the doctor. We saw him on the initial visit, but never again. We also never saw him in the hospital on the day of surgery or afterwards. The PA did everything, including discharge instructions. The PA is great, but you want to see your doctor.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2007

Dr. Avery M. Jackson's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Grand Blanc, MI