Ratings for Dr. Stephen M. Nagy

I am currently in search of an allergist (I am now 57 years old and having some problems), and in that search, came here to ratemd, and up popped Dr. Nagy. I saw these reviews, and thought I'd share one of my own. When I was 27, I had horrible hives one summer. I saw Dr. Nagy for consult. He ran a food allergy test, which said I was highly allergic to avocados. I had been making guacamole three times a week that summer (one of my favorite foods). Rather than going with that as an allergen producing my hives, he told me I had a sperm allergy ( I had a new boy friend at the time) and that he wanted to send me to a special sperm allergy clinic in San Francisco. He had no reason at all to think I had a sperm allergy, other than his own conjecture and the fact that I had a new boyfriend. It was the oddest consult I have ever had with an MD. I left the sperm theory at his office, and stopped eating avocados (which, by the way, he did not recommend that I do, despite the fact that the allergy tests clearly showed I was having an allergic response to them) and WAHLA, no more hives. In short, RUN, don't walk away from this MD.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Nagy staff provides poor service. He is not a good allergist. I would recommend seeing another allergist.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

Although Dr. Nagy is elderly, he is the absolute best allergist I have encountered. After years of searching for an allergist in Sacramento that believed all of my bizarre and painful symptoms, Dr. Nagy was my saving grace. He has improved the quality of my life significantly, and I cannot say enough praises.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

Grumpy old coot who is stuck in his ways and doesn't seem to assimilate new information as his field changes.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

Dr. Stephen M. Nagy's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1964)