Ratings for Dr. Vivian Hill

From my experience Dr. Hill is an excellent surgeon and establishes very good rapport with her patients. As anyone going to this site will know, she has a varied practice - kids and adults. My perspective is provided as an adult strabismus patient. My cautionary heads-up relates to an experience in 2015 and again in 2016. In mid 2015 I had a scheduled appointment at Dr. Hill's office to assess what current treatment options existed roughly two years after surgery. (Immediate post-op follow-up was great.) Shortly before my scheduled visit the office phoned and advised that my appointment had been shifted to the Children's Hospital - I have a recollection that there had been some physical problem in the 17th Ave building where Dr. Hill is located. I went to my newly scheduled appointment at the hospital and found that I was seeing a technician. This lady was very professional, but she could provide little reason why I was seeing her versus Dr. Hill. However, she noted she would be sending her results to Dr. Hill. I felt out of the loop. Several months later I was contacted by Dr. Hill's office and given a date, yet again multiple months later to see her in 2016. As luck would have it, I subsequently became aware of an important unrelated conflict with my Dr. Hill appointment. I immediately contacted her office and was provided a new date nearly 8 months down the road. The admin staff were polite, but I was told that adult strabismus fell into a sub-specialty area and there was no earlier opening. These comments are meant to illustrate that while Dr. Hill is top notch, her practice beyond the care she provides you directly, requires some very real improvement to provide you a fully professional experience.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

The appointment with Dr. Hill was okay. However, she failed to write in her report accurate details of the exam and observations while making the exam that are relevant to my situation. When I tried to get an appointment to discuss this with her it was like the office is a barricade around her. Her male office person is rude and arrogant and won't even let one ask questions. Dr. Hill herself seemed friendly enough and helpful in the actual appointment but the overall experience due to her staff and the inability to even address concerns with her makes the overall experience horrible.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

I went there for a cosmetic consultation and once I arrived arrogant men was at the front desk taking all my details for the appointment. After I finished filling my papers, he told me that he would have to take a payment of $150 dollars from me. I said when I called here nobody mentioned about that and I even asked if the assessment would be charged. I took my papers and left he gave my documents back as if he did not care at all and did not even apologize for their error. I will just go to another clinic where the assessment is free.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr. Hill was wonderful. Very knowledgeable and did a phenomenal surgery. I'm thrilled, the support staff was terrific as well. I couldn't be happier to be in such able hands. Thank you Dr. Hill! Carol P. Sept. 2015

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Dr. Hill is an exceptional physician but her clinic has gone through so many changes in the last little while that I worry about the efficiency of her office.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Hill is exceptional. Unfortunately her support staff is lacking in efficiency. I had surgery scheduled 6 months after my last appointment. I was unaware I was supposed to go for a 3 week pre op appointment. Fortunately I called their office requesting to see Dr. Hill because my condition worsened. If I would have never called, It could of had severe consequences they would of done the wrong surgery. Dr. Hill had a note in my file requiring a follow up appointment that never got booked by their front desk. Dr. Hill is amazing, caring, and so helpful, just make sure you keep on top of things. Can't rely on that front desk to get you the message. On a better note, my surgery was successful and I am almost 4 months post op. My life has been so much better and I cannot thank her enough.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Great Doctor !! Very helpful and knowledgeable! She has always been informative.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

In my opinion, Dr. Hill is one of the best. She wouldn't operate on me for cataracts as she said it could possibly leave me blind due to the condition of the cords at the sides of my eyes., so as long as I can see..it would be better for me to wait. She told me to call if I have any problems.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr Hill saw me on short notice. She went above and beyond providing me not only her diagnosis in terms I could understand but also shared when she felt the treatment plan suggested was the best option. She added peace in a very stressful situation.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Dr. Hill did my strabismus surgery and was amazing. She was kind and knowledgeable. She answered all of my questions as well as my husbands. She was through during all follow ups and told me to come back anytime I felt that I needed to see her again.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014