Ratings for Dr. Irena Chizhik

I have been seeing Dr. Chizhik for several years now and am so happy that I found her. She is very knowledgable, great at diagnosis and has an approach towards medicine that takes into account the life and life style of the patient instead of simply dealing with a problem from one facet.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I had been seeing Chizhik for many years. Never really feel that we had a good doc/patient relationship. She is very condescending, and does not like to be questioned. One time she even walked out of the room during an appointment. I was so upset. I am so glad that I know have another doc, one who truly listens and treats me like a person. Unlike Chizhik’s office (not friendly staff or nurses (the nurses act like they hate working with Chizhik, and always seem so stressed out) the staff at my new doc’s office is friendly, helpful, and upbeat. Such a huge difference. I am so glad I finally left their practice. I few of my friends have also left Chizhik. I think she is getting meaner and more bitter with age.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

She's ok! But just ok. I will continue to go to her because I hate looking for a new doctor, and she is taking care of all my medical problems with success. Now, just get past the terrible, terrible front office! They are just the worst, rudest, unknowledgeable people I have ever encountered!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

She used to be my GP. She is awful. Rude, condescending, short tempered, and unwilling to discuss my own treatment with me. Yelled at me & hung up on me b/c I asked why I was being kept in the hospital against the advice of the specialist that was called in. Also misdiagnosed me (confirmed by the specialist), and refused to call in the specialist I was already seeing. When the nurses in the hospital tell you your doctor is nasty, that's saying something.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I've seen this doctor several times and I finally got fed up with her cold, abrupt demeanor when she completely missed my test results at the annual physical. She sent me to re-do a fasting test and was ready to kick off a whole battery of tests and follow-up visits off imprecise results! Turns out my actual results were there the whole time. She was in such a hurry during my physical, that she barely gave me an exam and I was out of the office under 10 minutes. No wonder she missed the results! I am looking for another doctor who understands how to treat patients with attention and respect they require. Save yourself some aggravation and stay away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

Dr. Chizhik has been my doctor for many years and my family and I love her! Very patient and considerate. Would recommend to everyone

flag | Submitted September 13, 2009

Competent, friendly, doesn't waste any time

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

very agressive billing dept. absoluetly refused to lower my bill. no compromise. she was referred to me as internist for a hip replacement. ordered lots of tests that all came back negative. when i questioned thetests she informed me that she would not clear me for surgery unless i went thru ALL the tests. whipped in and out of my hospital room without introducing herself or asking me how i felt. listened to one in and out breath of my lungs. charged ALOT for maybe, MAYBE one minute in my room. cannot refer this doctor to anybody. her partner was much more attentive to me. i just kept wondering how he continues to be a partner with this woman.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2007

Very good doctor. Would recommend her to everybody!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2007

Dr.Chizhik has been my doctor for several years. I feel that my concerns are listened to and addressed in an appropriate manner. She is thorough, attentive and sincere in her approach. She treats the whole patient. Sometimes appointments do run late, however if I feel like my doctor is taking the time to listen to me rather than shoo me out the door, I can live with that.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2006

Dr. Irena Chizhik's Credentials

• Kiev A A Bogomolets/Ukrainian State Inst, Kiev, Ukraine (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Skokie, IL