Ratings for Dr. William K. Summers

Great fit for my needs and love that he and his office is always on-time.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

My trusted primary physician retired and I tried using the individual who took up his practice, but was very disappointed. I was referred to South Hampton and ended up seeing Dr. Summers. He's been my doctor for our 2 years now and I find him to be extremely well-suited for my needs - direct, no-nonsense, punctual, personal, courteous. I'm happy to have found another doctor I trust as much as my previous doctor who retired. I highly recommend Dr. Summers.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Summers is a AWESOME Dr. and his staff is outstanding .Atruly great Dr.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

I fired my previous primary care physician and found Dr. Summers. I was very pleased with the support and treatment he advised and oversaw for me. It was effective and in line with what I wanted and needed. He was a doctor who listened and took my feelings and views on board. He is a no-nonsense type and I appreciate that.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2010

Dr. William Summers is the most caring and informed Doctor I've ever experienced. He truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

Very pleased with overall knowledge and information received to guide management of the condition.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2009

I'm a knowledgeable, assertive patient, and I take pains to do my homework, be ready with my questions, keep it brief, etc. When the doctor thought I had a difference of opinion, he gave me what he PRESUMED I wanted, often the most expensive option...and not the educated opinion I paid for and trusted him to honestly give me. It turned out later that he found me controlling and deeply resented me from early on--and I had no idea. His secretary wears medical scrubs, and when asked to give a message to the doctor, edits it as a nurse would--this seems unsafe to me and created problems/confusion/tension. But the real problem was that he felt controlled (he said later), and so stopped explaining, or, sometimes, even making his own decisions. I don't know why--liability? But in the end he let me know he'd been angry all along. It was a shock; I had no inkling he felt that way and liked/respected him quite a bit. His medical knowledge was pretty good, but my experience ended being traumatic.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

I get fed up with my old primary-care doctor, and started seeing Bill Summers. He's fantastic. Calls me himself (my old doc never did that), listens to what I say, takes his time, and most importantly, knows his stuff. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

After my previous primary care physician retired, I spent a long disappointing time looking for a good new one. I'm glad I finally found Bill Summers. I've seen him twice. He is the first doctor to suggest physical therapy for my knee and ankle pain, instead of throwing more pills at it. The PT has helped tremendously! Dr. Summers treats me like an intelligent person, he respects my health concerns, and he is prompt to return phone calls. His staff is great. They are friendly, helpful, and cheerful. I have little veins and am a notoriously difficult person to draw blood from -- the nurse took her time and got it right the first time.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2008

Dr. William K. Summers's Credentials

• Univeristy of Alabama-Birmingham (Grad. 1999)

HealthPartners