Ratings for Dr. David William Leece

I would not recommend Linda Galanos, as I found her the most unhelpful NP of all times. Marianne, Leece's assistant, can be pushy and annoying. Leece himself is a reasonable doctor and on time.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Front office staff are unfriendly to the point of rudeness at times. Once two of them were complaining about another patient within my hearing. On the other hand, Marianne the nurse is a love. Very caring, gentle and kind. Recently I was feeling better after a long illness and she had tears in her eyes, she was so happy for me. I love Marianne. I also really liked Kevin McCarthy, Dr. Leece's PA. But he hasn't been there a long time and the woman there now is awful. I've consulted Dr. Leece over 20 years. He's OK, but my wife wants me to find another doctor because Dr. Leece is too ready to prescribe drugs, and very unwilling to consider any other therapies. I've asked many times for a heart test but he won't refer me. A traveling medical testing doctor was alarmed by my results and sent me a certified letter urging cardiac care. I took it to Dr. Leece who said he knew my history better. No referral. So, while I like Dr. Leece, I don't feel well cared for. I rarely go in.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

Very helpful and supportive staff and doctor. short wait times and Dr. Leece takes ample time for patient's concerns and questions.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

Withheld critical information effecting patient's health endangering the patient when another Dr found on chart that the patient had been diagnosed with Prostate cancer 10 years ago (while under Dr Leece's care) and asked the patient why he wasn't treating his cancer.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

I usually see Linda Galanos. We like her a lot. The receptionists are not helpful. One of them borders on rude and loses her patience very easily. My husband was very ill and when we were trying to accomplish anything she did not offer us a solution, but made us ask many questions until we finally drew the solution out of her, and at that point she had completely lost her patience with us and got extremely rude. That alone made me want to see a different doctor. It was too hard to get anything done.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

I really like Dr. Leece, and have been a patient for about 17 years. Really liked Physician's Assistant Kevin McCarthy also (he is no longer there). Family Nurse Practitioner Linda Galanos and Medical Assistant Marianne are also great. Great group of people!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2008

I really like Dr. Leece and his Physician's Assistant Kevin Mc Carthy. They are both very kind, attentive and knowledgable. I always change insurances but never doctors because I found one that I love.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2005

Dr. David William Leece's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in San Luis Obispo, CA