Ratings for Dr. Terry P. Phang

I had a very positive experience with Dr. Phang. He was absolutely helpful and willing to share what he was seeing during my procedure and answered my questions without hesitation and made a very ackward proceedure bearable. His office staff are great and generally, had a positive experience from start to end.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

saved my life gave me a huge 2nd chance to live again my herina is gone hes an amazing doctor calls u to check up on you make sure ur ok listens to you when you need him to

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Amazing care, attention to detail, listening skills, bedside manner....and, he smiles! ! : )

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Dr. Phang is my angel. December 2008 was whenhe removed my rectal cancer .I was only 43 back then. Now I've just celebrated my 51 st and I enjoy each of my days since he so brilliantly laproscopically worked him magic. Sure I had to have radiation and chemotherapy and it hasn't all been roses learning to live without my parts but never the less I couldn't have had better care. Dr. Phang came to see me every morning when I was in the hospital. . He hadn't even removed his coat yet, I guess I was a part of his good morning wake up routine. He continues to routinely follow my progress and I could be happier having him on my side.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Here's a High Five to DR Phang for performing an operation that other Doctors shied away from. If it were not for him I would not be here giving any comment. He calls it like he see's it, and uses his skills to make the best of the situation given. There's no doubt about him being a very skillful surgeon , a doctors doctor and a good human. A big thank you to you and your team. Peter Onuszkanycz

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

I would not recommend this Dr. unless you are okay with someone who does not listen nor pay close attention to explanation of symptoms. He performed an ileostomy reversal for my daughter which should be a fairly simple operation by a qualified Dr. Ten days after surgery my daughter revisited him with extreme pain. Without any testing he assumed the diagnosis was inflammation of her J pouch and prescribed antibiotics. I jokingly asked him about his sewing skill, and specifically asked him about a possible bowel leak. His response was "She would know if it is a bowel leak. After many repeat visits to him my daughters symptoms were getting worse. After many visits to his office and emergency at St. Paul's she was finally admitted and was found to have a bowel leak,. was septic and also had C-diff which was caused by prescribing the wrong antibiotic. She had emergency surgery the following day in October 2013, which saved her life and was in hospital for four months. All caused by an incorrect , hasty diagnosis. Needless to say he knew well enough to stay clear during her stay in hospital. She was attended to by other expert surgeons who literally brought her back to life. To complicate the matter there were two other long term patients who were on the same hospital floor who had been treated by Dr. Phang and complications resulting from procedures he had performed. I believe he should not be practising or should be scrutinized closely. I think he is an embarrassment to his profession and I would not use him under any circumstances. I would love to have a good face to face with him one day.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I read some reviews on Dr. Phang and the negative ones scared me and made me nervous to the point that if surgery was needed to correct a problem I was considering not going ahead with it. Seeing as my first appointment was only for testing I kept those appointments and thought I would leave the decision of having surgery if needed after my meeting with Dr. Phang. I found him to be very professional, helpful & informative and gave suggestions of what to try first to correct the problem before surgery was considered. He definitely was not the clown that some of the reviews had labeled him to be, though he did laugh, his laugh put me at ease, definitely not a straight jacket type of guy as some people seem to think he should be but a normal down to earth type of guy who puts his patients at ease. I don't judge a person by how others judge them and like to find out my own opinion of a person and I found this guy to be terrific! Glad I went ahead with the appointment, and those negative comments about surgery complications I have found that complications happen to any Doctor, they are only human.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Had really bad experience with him. Very bad bedside manner, he was non empathetic when delivering cancer news to my dad, seems very uncaring, rushed and did not answer questions, always seems to be in a rush. My dad had 3 surgeries by him and he always ended up worst with each surgery. Needless to say, my dad passed away. I'm not faulting this doctor for my dad's death but I didn't feel he tried his best and his attitude was very uncaring.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I was diagnosed with colon cancer at Penticton bc and the surgeon there wanted to remove my entire colon so I asked for a second opinion. H e sent me to Dr Phang and the same day that I saw him he looked with a camera and did a colonoscopy . He discovered thatI had stage two cancer one and a half inches away from the sphincter. He sent me for 5 days of intense radiation mid December and removed 6 inches of my lower bowel on the 6th of the following January and installed a ileostomy bag . The following Sep I was tested for no leaks and he removed the bag. After 14 years with several colonoscopies I have had no reoccurance of cancer and I am back to normal bowel movement and I feel that Dr Phang saved my life.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Had a colon surgery 2014 to remove a tumour. From start to finish it was better then I could have ever expected. Dr Phang is an artist with the scalpel. When I went in to get the staples out my GP said that he did an awesome job. I loved his attitude. and his staff was wonderful

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014