Ratings for Dr. Michelle E. Murday

Actually, I should have changed my stars. Bottom line, if you really want an ostomy (wearing a bag) then this is the surgeon for you! We literally fought this winner every step of the way while she constantly railed at us about sowing up my wife’s bottom and giving her a bag for life. Well we finally ditched this cancer of the medical community and we are happy to report that she has recovered no thanks to ummm...her. What makes us sad is when we meet another poor soul that tells us with tears, “She said the best thing was to give me a bag for life” knowing that this is her “go to move”. Patient be warned.....unless of course you really want a bag. Then party on.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2019

I tried hard to find positive things after examining my twisted colon and explaining the unrelenting pain I have had in my upper left quadrant she told me that is just the way God made me and she has a friend who's 6'4 not sure how on earth that related…however his height doesn't cause him pain my twisted colon does she even saw my barium x-ray that demonstrated this she didn't seem to care he had been in pain for over five years I was so shocked by what she said and her lack of care and I am married to physician and understand you do you have to see a lot of patience – but I have never been treated like this –I broke down in tears which she did not even notice or apologize for and rushed me right out of the room. I felt absolutely humiliated no bedside number manner and I felt like a number #. Please save your time money and delicate emotional state when you're already in during physical pain in find someone who truly cares .

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

I have never met such a rude doctor. First visit she told me you know the morale to your stomach problems...don't have surgery. It was not my fault for all the surgeries that I had in the past. My gallbladder was not functioning, so it needed to be removed, I had an umbilical hernia repaired due to pain, I had a hysterectomy due to polycystic ovarian disease. I also had 7.5 feet of my large intestine removed..due to colonic inertia, basically I would have a bowel movement once every 2 weeks. I looked like I was 9 months pregnant. I've had problems with abdominal pain all my life, until they figured out that I had too long of a large colon. All the other problems I had needed to be fixed. She also shook her head at me and said I don't even know if I'll do anything for you. So rude. I work in the medical field. I would never recommend her even if she is good, to my standards, she's aweful. I never went back for a follow-up appointment. The reason why I went to her in the first place is that my small intestines unraveled and fell to the bottom of my pelvic floor. I was fainting, unable to absorb any nutrients, and had bowel incontinence also dumping syndrome. She put me on fiber to try and bulk up my stools, I lost 12 pounds in one week. She does not know her stuff. Be very careful with her. Bedside manner is crappy.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Dr. Murday was excellent. She was considerate and attentive. She made sure she answered all of my questions. She carefully explained all of the ramifications of the surgery. Best of all, upon waking from the anesthesia, I found that upon closer examination under the anesthesia, she determined I did not need surgery.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

She was very kind and explained everything well. The surgery I had was successful and the recovery time was short. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Dr Murday rushed her appointments with patients, she did not spent adequate time ( less than a few minutes ) talking and examining patients on several occasions, which end up more follow-ups are required to correct problems.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

I love this Dr. I have had nothing but great experiences. She is very direct and to the point however; her bedside manner is fantastic. I am currently a patient of hers and would recommend her to anyone in need of this type of medical treatment.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

She is Awesome Kind and Very helpful Best Doctor for Colon I have found

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Rude and unprepared. I had to wait more than an hour and never got to see the doctor. The waiting room was packed with people and in the hour that I was waiting, not one person was called to see one of the 2 doctors in the practice. My appointment was right after the lunch hour, which is when I was told it was the best time to schedule so that there wouldn't be a wait. No apologies whatsoever. When I told the receptionist I could not wait any longer, she just replied "ok." In fact there's a sign in the reception area that basically says it's not their problem if the doctor is late. If you want to be treated professionally and value your time, DO NOT go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

I don't have any respect for this Doctor. She has a temper that innocent people will see, and when she finds out she made a mistake she doesn't have the decency to apologize. I would never go to see her. She likes everything her way.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

Dr. Michelle E. Murday's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1998)

Champ Va