Ratings for Dr. Albert Cheskes

A superb and kind eye doctor. The absolute best!He fixed my eyes with the best technology and I can now see perfectly

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

They don't answer your questions: Arrogance from the staff and from the doctor himself. They just do their routine job without trying to understand what your problem is. You come out of there with more problems than what you had initially.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

My eye doctor for the past 25 years! Hope he does not retire for another 25 years...

flag | Submitted August 5, 2018

I saw Dr. Cheskes in 1995 for PRK - he told me that he'd have me seeing like a hawk and I do. Twenty three years later I have 20-21 vision. He's a deeply trained surgeon and scientist and in this age of doc in the box Lasik centres you're best to see a physician like Dr. Cheskes who has a real practice. I had recurring corneal ersoions - which happens sometimes with PRK. He treated some infection that developed on a couple of occasions and was always willing to see me.His care continued long adter the procedures. I did get a 2nd opinion on those erosions and that did help. But he is a fine doctor and I'm thrilled to see he is with Bochner. I still see like a hawk -thank you Dr. Cheskes.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Cheskes since 1970. He is kind and patient and extremely knowledgeable. The Toronto office (Bedford and Prince Arthur) is efficient, kind and respectful of patients. I have brought my parents and, recently, my husband, to this practice. I can’t say enough to applaud them. Even if you can’t see Dr. Cheskes (He may not live forever), the whole practice will endure in the same spirit of the current Bochner clinic.0

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

This doctor is very arrogant, does not want to take the time to answer his patients questions and concerns, and does not respond to questions asked by the patient. He just performs his routine job, by flashing a headlight into your eyes, and forcing you to look just into the strong light for more than 1-2 minutes. Not helpful at all. I went to him for my damaged eye, instead of helping me, he damaged my healthy eye too. My healthy eye's vision is blurred, and cannot see details of objects, after many days, until now. I don't think he was not aware that looking directly into a strong light can damage a healthy eye.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Dr. Albert Cheskes's response
I do not use an indirect scope .The patient is complaining about the wrong doctor and it is the most ridiculous complaint that I have ever heard.

Submitted April 25, 2018

This doctor is one of the best I have ever visited.He is kind,knowlegible and with a great sense of humour.He treats the eyes together with the soul and gets excellent results.May God bless you and may you continue to provide such high class service for many years to come

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Cheskes for --almost 25 years. He is so knowledgeable and so very kind. I went from almost legally blind to 20/20!! He has been monitoring my eyes as I have been getting older and I actually look forward to seeing Dr Cheskes for my appointments.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I see a lot of elderly people waiting hours at this clinic. The clinic is set up as an assembly line and fails to see patients on time. The receptionist Marie is from the twilight zone and has a major attitude problem. Not approachable at all and misplaced our chart which caused a 2 hour delay. Dr. Cheskes is OK...but I feel like hes always in a hurry and books too many unnecessary follow-up appointments.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Albert Cheskes's response
It was a very busy afternoon after the holidays with many emergencies and urgent problems.I feel badly about your chart misplacement but this happens from time to time in all busy practices.

Submitted January 19, 2017

I can live with the wait time and not so helpful staff but the cataract surgery had to done twice as part of the lens material was left the eye the first time. Second attempt went wrong and lens has moved. Maybe he needs glasses.

Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr. Albert Cheskes's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients