Ratings for Dr. Richard Rygiel

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

flag | Submitted January 7, 2012

Dr Rick has gotten a bum deal from an ex-employee which is now his ex-wife. Go figure.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

I have to say that I am a little concerned. I have been going to Dr. Rygiel for 10 years and he has performed surgery on me. I have been trying to get an appointment and the phone message is by Dr. Rygiel and he even gives his cell phone number if it is an emergency. He says to leave a message and they will call back and I have called two days in a row and have had no response. I am very close to getting another doctor. Sadly. I think he is a little different; as far as his medical ability I feel it is just fine, but he does have a 'different' beside manner.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

This doc moved without giving me info on how to contact him at his new office! This was after he told me I need a CT scan, biopsy and surgery. I tried to contact him using the old office number & left two messages. He has not contacted me back. This is one month since my last appointment with him, so I have found a new doctor. I am investigating whether this doctor's behavior constitutes patient abandonment. I was initially very impressed with this doctor: he was wonderful during my first appointment. At my second appointment, he seemed insensitive to my concerns and told me about his stressful life. I do not question his diagnosis of my condition. However, it is unacceptable that he would allow a patient to fall through the cracks in this manner. Although I think he's fairly knowledgable, I no longer trust him. He probably means well, but his bedside manner and follow-through might be affected by his personal life. Unprofessional and unacceptable.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Doctor is more concerned with covering up his distraction of his personal life. I thought I was being seen for my own needs. Not so. I ended up listening for 20 min of my 40 min exam about how his ex screwed him over. He put his hands on mine to "comfort" me again and again and gave me a creepy feeling. I have seen him for 4 years but will never return. When I asked for my med records, his staff said it would be $15. I have to pay to leave his office. My recs are just not that important to me. They can keep them. I do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

This doctor was more worried about telling me all about his education and the website he has with all of his publishing's. Would not hearing me out at all. I went in to his office with pain (nurse took blood pressure and it was elevated due to pain) and he said he could not help me. I ended up in ER. He did not call with my pap reports...does not care about patients ...WOULD NOT PUT MY LIFE OR WELL BEING IN HIS HANDS..EVER AGAIN

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Rygiel for nearly 3 years and he's a great guy. He worked with me through my infertility, ordering only necessary tests, did my laparoscopy, and has been a great support through my entire pregnancy. I would recommend him to others. Just an FYI- he hired lots of new staff and let go of some that were not as good a few months ago. His staff now is extremely friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Very inappropriate. Called me a sweet little thing. Ordered unecessary tests and visits to drive up revenue. It was all about the money. For being healthy I sure spent alot of time repeating normal tests. I changed doc to AWHA.com and its wonderful

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010

Like the other patients who commented on this board, I also experienced him insisting that I undergo a cancer screening which my new doctor considered completely unnecessary. Furthermore, whenever I questioned his recommendations, instead of explaining his reasoning, he would simply respond, "Do you have a medical degree?". Stay away.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2009

Dr. Richard Rygiel's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1983)