Ratings for Dr. Dean S. Nakamura

I had a by pass surgery on August 1 2014. He made me comfortable when explaining and answered all my questions. His bed side manners was wonderful. My incision was clean, straight and thin. I'm recovering well. I already recommend ed him and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Replaced my wife's mitral valve. Refused to refer her to a cardiologist to monitor her after the surgery (we were away from home and wouldn't return for another month). Immediately following surgery, I asked if there were "any complications", to which he said, "no complications". We later found that he had perforated her pulmonary artery during the surgery and that he had to suture it twice in order to stop the bleeding (I think that would qualify as a "complication"). A few days after surgery, her vital signs were not good but he decided to release her the next day. The next day, she went into ventricular fibrillation and almost died (would have if the hospital intensivist wasn't right there when it happened). Only then did he agree to calling in a cardiologist (upon the recommendation of the intensivist).

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

Dr. Dean S. Nakamura's Credentials

• University Of Hawaii John A. Burns School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

• Blue Cross Of California