Ratings for Dr. Sean Edward Rockett

I am a senior who happened to fall on black ice. Both knee (meniscus) and rotator cuff significantly damaged. Dr. Rockett and staff were caring and developed a plan for both injuries. He was highly recommended, now I understand why.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2019

I had a full knee replacement. I was worried. After I met with Dr. Rockett, I felt totally at ease. He explained everything and answered all my questions. I am a new person. I am a senior citizen and he has given me back my life. I am once again involved with my grandchildren. I can go out whenever I want. I am as free as a bird. I can't explain how wonderful it feels to have that freedom restored. Everyone comments on how well and quickly I have healed. I am ready for Round 2 of my life. Thank you, Dr. Rockett, for what you have done for me.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2019

My son had a sports related shoulder injury that required surgery. We knew as soon as we met Dr. Rockett he was the one we trusted with his care. He fit us in as he knew my son was anxious to have the surgery as soon as possible so that he could get back to sports. Dr. Rockett did a phenomenal job with the surgery and following his plan for post op care, my son was health a month and a half ahead of schedule and ready for baseball tryouts. He ended that season being awarded pitcher of the year, and even threw a no hitter for his high school team. He feels stronger than ever now. I highly recommend Dr. Rockett. Also his office staff and assistants were helpful, compassionate and professional. Dr. Rockett is the best!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2018

I have had several sugeries with Dr. Rockett and would not go to anyone else! When people are surprised by how well I am doing post surgery, I tell them the only reason is the quality of the doctor you choose that makes recovering well possible! He and his staff are above the BEST!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr Rockett and his entire staff are fantastic. He diagnosed and repaired my shoulder after two failed surgeries by another doctor. He took the time to answer all my questions before and after my surgery and his office was fantastic anytime I called them. His bedside manner the day of my surgery was above and beyond what I had expected, he saw me twice before, twice after and also kept in touch and updated my loved one after my surgery. I have and will continue to highly recommend my family and friends to Dr Rockett and if you have an injury and want to return to an active lifestyle, Dr Rockett is your guy!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Dr Rockett is the best doctor and will get you back to an active lifestyle. He is super friendly and will answer all concerns and reassure you about your injury. I would highly recommend Dr Rockett to anyone. He is the best!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Trusted this doctor know what he was doing when he did my knee replacement. Sadly that was not the case. After suffering from right after the surgery for one full year after he told me he could do nothing to help the pain. After finding an orthopedic surgeon at a respected Boston hospital to redo the knee replacement it was discovered the replacement parts had not only started coming apart but may have been installed incorrectly. I don't have time or energy for lawsuits but would like to prevent anyone else from having to go through this painful experience.

Submitted February 1, 2017

I cannot recommend Dr. Rockett any more than I do. The entire experience with him and his staff has been fantastic. I have been working with shoulder pain for many (10+) years. In the past 2, I started CrossFit, but the pain was limiting. Dr Rockett accurately found, during a 2nd opinion, my problems. He performed Distal Clavicle Excision and Biceps Tenodesis. I am healing so well and have returned to sport, which was a main factor in seeing him. He understands athletes. So happy; Great Work!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

I am a repeat patient of Dr. Rockett (knee and now shoulder). What I love overall is he advocates activity as soon as possible, and empowered me to get on my feet sooner than later. I found the quality of his work to be outstanding, and he really cares. He called me personally after both procedures to check in and offer assistance. Never had a surgeon do so before. Can't recommend a Dr. or a team any higher.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

My 17 year old son has played football since third grade. On the two occasions we have needed to consult with Dr. Rockett he and his office have been outstanding. Dr. Rocketts advice and treatment ensured my son was healthy and ready to get back on the field. His office provided prompt appointment options and wait time was minimal. He is a consummate professional. It is indeed a comfort to know that with physically active children Dr. Rockett is there if we need him!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Sean Edward Rockett's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

“Knowing that I made a difference in my patients’ lives is truly a rewarding experience. Whether it was throwing a touchdown, being able to sleep through the night, or being able to dance at their son’s wedding, I love hearing that my patients are back to enjoying life again.” Dr. Rockett has been with Orthopedics New England since 1999. A native of Brookline, Dr. Rockett received his bachelor of arts degree in biology from Harvard University. Following that, he completed his medical degree at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston and his internship in general surgery from Tufts Medical Center. From there, Dr. Rockett finished his residency in orthopaedic surgery from the same institution. In addition to his clinical and surgical duties at Orthopedics New England, Dr. Rockett serves as Assistant Clinical Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine. He is also a coach for Wellesley football, baseball, softball, and soccer youth teams. When he’s not seeing patients or teaching students, Dr. Rockett’s outside interests include art history and the history of ancient Greece and Rome. Additionally, he is a triathlete, a CrossFit Opens competitor and CrossFit Level One Certified. Dr. Rockett shares his medical knowledge with CrossFit athletes on his website: 321gomd.com. Dr. Rockett is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.

• English

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)
  • Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1993)

• Vitals.com Top 10™ Doctor Recognition: Massachusetts, Greater Boston Area, City-Newton Lower Falls & Neighborhood-Waban (2014)
  • On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
  • Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Award (2008-2014)
  • Vitals.com Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012-2013)
  • Compassionate Doctor Award – 5 Year Honoree (2013)
  • Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009-2013)
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctors (2012-2013)
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctors: Boston™ (2009)

Coventry Healthcare