Ratings for Dr. Sean Edward Rockett

I have had several sugeries with Dr. Rockett and would not go to anyone else! When people are surprised by how well I am doing post surgery, I tell them the only reason is the quality of the doctor you choose that makes recovering well possible! He and his staff are above the BEST!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr Rockett and his entire staff are fantastic. He diagnosed and repaired my shoulder after two failed surgeries by another doctor. He took the time to answer all my questions before and after my surgery and his office was fantastic anytime I called them. His bedside manner the day of my surgery was above and beyond what I had expected, he saw me twice before, twice after and also kept in touch and updated my loved one after my surgery. I have and will continue to highly recommend my family and friends to Dr Rockett and if you have an injury and want to return to an active lifestyle, Dr Rockett is your guy!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Dr Rockett is the best doctor and will get you back to an active lifestyle. He is super friendly and will answer all concerns and reassure you about your injury. I would highly recommend Dr Rockett to anyone. He is the best!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Trusted this doctor know what he was doing when he did my knee replacement. Sadly that was not the case. After suffering from right after the surgery for one full year after he told me he could do nothing to help the pain. After finding an orthopedic surgeon at a respected Boston hospital to redo the knee replacement it was discovered the replacement parts had not only started coming apart but may have been installed incorrectly. I don't have time or energy for lawsuits but would like to prevent anyone else from having to go through this painful experience.

Submitted February 1, 2017

I cannot recommend Dr. Rockett any more than I do. The entire experience with him and his staff has been fantastic. I have been working with shoulder pain for many (10+) years. In the past 2, I started CrossFit, but the pain was limiting. Dr Rockett accurately found, during a 2nd opinion, my problems. He performed Distal Clavicle Excision and Biceps Tenodesis. I am healing so well and have returned to sport, which was a main factor in seeing him. He understands athletes. So happy; Great Work!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

I am a repeat patient of Dr. Rockett (knee and now shoulder). What I love overall is he advocates activity as soon as possible, and empowered me to get on my feet sooner than later. I found the quality of his work to be outstanding, and he really cares. He called me personally after both procedures to check in and offer assistance. Never had a surgeon do so before. Can't recommend a Dr. or a team any higher.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

My 17 year old son has played football since third grade. On the two occasions we have needed to consult with Dr. Rockett he and his office have been outstanding. Dr. Rocketts advice and treatment ensured my son was healthy and ready to get back on the field. His office provided prompt appointment options and wait time was minimal. He is a consummate professional. It is indeed a comfort to know that with physically active children Dr. Rockett is there if we need him!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Rockett repaired a torn labrum in one of my shoulders earlier this year. Overall, I had a great experience working with him. I found him to be knowledgeable and patient with my many questions. He has a background in crossfit and other sports, so he understood my desire to get back to competitive sports soon after my surgery. He set my expectations for rehab realistically, as well. I wouldn't hesitate to work with him again or to recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Sean Rockett is extremely knowledgeable and was helpful in describing the condition of my shoulder and what would be required to have it feel better again. The surgery he performed on my left shoulder was excellent and the results are beyond what I expected in such a short period of time since the surgery. I thought he was so good I am using Dr. Rockett again to fix my right shoulder next year.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

If you ever need an orthopedic surgeon, look no further. This gentleman, is extremely knowledgeable and kind hearted. I had both of my shoulders repaired by Dr. Sean Rockett. I am able to use my shoulders like they are brand new. Dr. Rockett really knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr. Sean Edward Rockett's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

“Knowing that I made a difference in my patients’ lives is truly a rewarding experience. Whether it was throwing a touchdown, being able to sleep through the night, or being able to dance at their son’s wedding, I love hearing that my patients are back to enjoying life again.” Dr. Rockett has been with Orthopedics New England since 1999. A native of Brookline, Dr. Rockett received his bachelor of arts degree in biology from Harvard University. Following that, he completed his medical degree at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston and his internship in general surgery from Tufts Medical Center. From there, Dr. Rockett finished his residency in orthopaedic surgery from the same institution. In addition to his clinical and surgical duties at Orthopedics New England, Dr. Rockett serves as Assistant Clinical Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine. He is also a coach for Wellesley football, baseball, softball, and soccer youth teams. When he’s not seeing patients or teaching students, Dr. Rockett’s outside interests include art history and the history of ancient Greece and Rome. Additionally, he is a triathlete, a CrossFit Opens competitor and CrossFit Level One Certified. Dr. Rockett shares his medical knowledge with CrossFit athletes on his website: 321gomd.com. Dr. Rockett is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.

• English

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

• Vitals.com Top 10™ Doctor Recognition: Massachusetts, Greater Boston Area, City-Newton Lower Falls & Neighborhood-Waban (2014)
  • On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
  • Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Award (2008-2014)
  • Vitals.com Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012-2013)
  • Compassionate Doctor Award – 5 Year Honoree (2013)
  • Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009-2013)
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctors (2012-2013)
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctors: Boston™ (2009)

Workers Comp