Ratings for Dr. Sean Edward Rockett

I am a repeat patient of Dr. Rockett (knee and now shoulder). What I love overall is he advocates activity as soon as possible, and empowered me to get on my feet sooner than later. I found the quality of his work to be outstanding, and he really cares. He called me personally after both procedures to check in and offer assistance. Never had a surgeon do so before. Can't recommend a Dr. or a team any higher.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

My 17 year old son has played football since third grade. On the two occasions we have needed to consult with Dr. Rockett he and his office have been outstanding. Dr. Rocketts advice and treatment ensured my son was healthy and ready to get back on the field. His office provided prompt appointment options and wait time was minimal. He is a consummate professional. It is indeed a comfort to know that with physically active children Dr. Rockett is there if we need him!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Rockett repaired a torn labrum in one of my shoulders earlier this year. Overall, I had a great experience working with him. I found him to be knowledgeable and patient with my many questions. He has a background in crossfit and other sports, so he understood my desire to get back to competitive sports soon after my surgery. He set my expectations for rehab realistically, as well. I wouldn't hesitate to work with him again or to recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Sean Rockett is extremely knowledgeable and was helpful in describing the condition of my shoulder and what would be required to have it feel better again. The surgery he performed on my left shoulder was excellent and the results are beyond what I expected in such a short period of time since the surgery. I thought he was so good I am using Dr. Rockett again to fix my right shoulder next year.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

If you ever need an orthopedic surgeon, look no further. This gentleman, is extremely knowledgeable and kind hearted. I had both of my shoulders repaired by Dr. Sean Rockett. I am able to use my shoulders like they are brand new. Dr. Rockett really knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr Sean Rockett is a top quality person and one of the best knee doctors in Massachusetts. I really trust and I feel like I'm in the best hands when I have him operate on my knee. I look forward to getting back to doing sports soon due to his expertise and the quality of his work and communication. I've had 5 knee surgeries and he has performed the last 2 and my knee has felt great both times. One was a cleanout back in 2006 when my knee was painful before but not after surgery. The cleanout was for removal of rough areas and the most recent (3 months ago) was an ACL replacement. The knee feels great, no pain, and getting more stable through proper PT and doing the exercises at home daily.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Dr. Rockett is THE best. Very understanding, gentle and knowledgeable. Felt very confident in his care. His results were right on!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Dr. Rockett has helped me with multiple sport injuries including tendon surgery, broken collar bone, and tendonitis. He has also treated my daughter for a broken wrist. In all cases he was kind, patient, and knowledgeable. He has made it possible for me to continue with my athletic endeavors. I would highly recommend Dr. Rockett to anyone needing an orthopedic specialist.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. Rockett has performed two rotator cuff repairs, a minor hip surgery, and a total hip replacement on me. He has a way of making you feel like there is nothing to be afraid of. I can honestly say the worst part of my hip replacement was the terrible headache I got from lack of caffeine the morning of the surgery. I have found him very accessible (for a surgeon). When I am confused about something, after an appointment (which I sometimes am because we get to laughing so hard about assorted stuff), I'll call his office. He ALWAYS calls me back. He is good with the pain medications, but not reckless. He believes me when I tell him, "If it didn't hurt really bad, I wouldn't be here." The Newton-Wellesley office staff are, without exception, wonderful. No one has ever been rude to me. And Dr. Rockett has only been late once--for my second shoulder surgery--by about 20 minutes. He is often early when I have an appointment in the office. I recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr. Rockett performed a Bankart repair on my shoulder. I sought him out as a surgeon (changed my pcp to get the referral) because I knew he was a fellow athlete and would consider my activity level. His diagnosis and treatment were perfect, we tried traditional methods before surgery and he did not waste time once it was established that I did require the procedure. He explained everything to me in great detail. I am five months after the surgery and my quality of life is dramatically improved, I can sleep at night without pain. He is well balanced in the post op approach, I felt that I moved along at the proper pace during the physiotherapy stage and am now back to regular athletic workouts (85% strength, 95% rom). He knew my athletic profile and was neither too conservative or too liberal in getting me back to the gym. Additionally, he was extremely accessible during all phases of my treatment and prepared my expectations accurately. I would highly recommend Dr. Rockett.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Dr. Sean Edward Rockett's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

“Knowing that I made a difference in my patients’ lives is truly a rewarding experience. Whether it was throwing a touchdown, being able to sleep through the night, or being able to dance at their son’s wedding, I love hearing that my patients are back to enjoying life again.” Dr. Rockett has been with Orthopedics New England since 1999. A native of Brookline, Dr. Rockett received his bachelor of arts degree in biology from Harvard University. Following that, he completed his medical degree at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston and his internship in general surgery from Tufts Medical Center. From there, Dr. Rockett finished his residency in orthopaedic surgery from the same institution. In addition to his clinical and surgical duties at Orthopedics New England, Dr. Rockett serves as Assistant Clinical Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine. He is also a coach for Wellesley football, baseball, softball, and soccer youth teams. When he’s not seeing patients or teaching students, Dr. Rockett’s outside interests include art history and the history of ancient Greece and Rome. Additionally, he is a triathlete, a CrossFit Opens competitor and CrossFit Level One Certified. Dr. Rockett shares his medical knowledge with CrossFit athletes on his website: 321gomd.com. Dr. Rockett is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.

• English

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

• Vitals.com Top 10™ Doctor Recognition: Massachusetts, Greater Boston Area, City-Newton Lower Falls & Neighborhood-Waban (2014)
  • On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
  • Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Award (2008-2014)
  • Vitals.com Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012-2013)
  • Compassionate Doctor Award – 5 Year Honoree (2013)
  • Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009-2013)
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctors (2012-2013)
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctors: Boston™ (2009)

Top Hospitals in Natick, MA