Ratings for Dr. Sean Edward Rockett

Dr Rockett is the best doctor and will get you back to an active lifestyle. He is super friendly and will answer all concerns and reassure you about your injury. I would highly recommend Dr Rockett to anyone. He is the best!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Trusted this doctor know what he was doing when he did my knee replacement. Sadly that was not the case. After suffering from right after the surgery for one full year after he told me he could do nothing to help the pain. After finding an orthopedic surgeon at a respected Boston hospital to redo the knee replacement it was discovered the replacement parts had not only started coming apart but may have been installed incorrectly. I don't have time or energy for lawsuits but would like to prevent anyone else from having to go through this painful experience.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I cannot recommend Dr. Rockett any more than I do. The entire experience with him and his staff has been fantastic. I have been working with shoulder pain for many (10+) years. In the past 2, I started CrossFit, but the pain was limiting. Dr Rockett accurately found, during a 2nd opinion, my problems. He performed Distal Clavicle Excision and Biceps Tenodesis. I am healing so well and have returned to sport, which was a main factor in seeing him. He understands athletes. So happy; Great Work!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

I am a repeat patient of Dr. Rockett (knee and now shoulder). What I love overall is he advocates activity as soon as possible, and empowered me to get on my feet sooner than later. I found the quality of his work to be outstanding, and he really cares. He called me personally after both procedures to check in and offer assistance. Never had a surgeon do so before. Can't recommend a Dr. or a team any higher.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

My 17 year old son has played football since third grade. On the two occasions we have needed to consult with Dr. Rockett he and his office have been outstanding. Dr. Rocketts advice and treatment ensured my son was healthy and ready to get back on the field. His office provided prompt appointment options and wait time was minimal. He is a consummate professional. It is indeed a comfort to know that with physically active children Dr. Rockett is there if we need him!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Rockett repaired a torn labrum in one of my shoulders earlier this year. Overall, I had a great experience working with him. I found him to be knowledgeable and patient with my many questions. He has a background in crossfit and other sports, so he understood my desire to get back to competitive sports soon after my surgery. He set my expectations for rehab realistically, as well. I wouldn't hesitate to work with him again or to recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Sean Rockett is extremely knowledgeable and was helpful in describing the condition of my shoulder and what would be required to have it feel better again. The surgery he performed on my left shoulder was excellent and the results are beyond what I expected in such a short period of time since the surgery. I thought he was so good I am using Dr. Rockett again to fix my right shoulder next year.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

If you ever need an orthopedic surgeon, look no further. This gentleman, is extremely knowledgeable and kind hearted. I had both of my shoulders repaired by Dr. Sean Rockett. I am able to use my shoulders like they are brand new. Dr. Rockett really knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr Sean Rockett is a top quality person and one of the best knee doctors in Massachusetts. I really trust and I feel like I'm in the best hands when I have him operate on my knee. I look forward to getting back to doing sports soon due to his expertise and the quality of his work and communication. I've had 5 knee surgeries and he has performed the last 2 and my knee has felt great both times. One was a cleanout back in 2006 when my knee was painful before but not after surgery. The cleanout was for removal of rough areas and the most recent (3 months ago) was an ACL replacement. The knee feels great, no pain, and getting more stable through proper PT and doing the exercises at home daily.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Dr. Rockett is THE best. Very understanding, gentle and knowledgeable. Felt very confident in his care. His results were right on!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Dr. Sean Edward Rockett's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

“Knowing that I made a difference in my patients’ lives is truly a rewarding experience. Whether it was throwing a touchdown, being able to sleep through the night, or being able to dance at their son’s wedding, I love hearing that my patients are back to enjoying life again.” Dr. Rockett has been with Orthopedics New England since 1999. A native of Brookline, Dr. Rockett received his bachelor of arts degree in biology from Harvard University. Following that, he completed his medical degree at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston and his internship in general surgery from Tufts Medical Center. From there, Dr. Rockett finished his residency in orthopaedic surgery from the same institution. In addition to his clinical and surgical duties at Orthopedics New England, Dr. Rockett serves as Assistant Clinical Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine. He is also a coach for Wellesley football, baseball, softball, and soccer youth teams. When he’s not seeing patients or teaching students, Dr. Rockett’s outside interests include art history and the history of ancient Greece and Rome. Additionally, he is a triathlete, a CrossFit Opens competitor and CrossFit Level One Certified. Dr. Rockett shares his medical knowledge with CrossFit athletes on his website: 321gomd.com. Dr. Rockett is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.

• English

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

• Vitals.com Top 10™ Doctor Recognition: Massachusetts, Greater Boston Area, City-Newton Lower Falls & Neighborhood-Waban (2014)
  • On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
  • Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Award (2008-2014)
  • Vitals.com Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012-2013)
  • Compassionate Doctor Award – 5 Year Honoree (2013)
  • Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009-2013)
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctors (2012-2013)
  • Castle Connolly Top Doctors: Boston™ (2009)

• BCBS Florida