Ratings for Dr. Laura K. Jacks

She is absolutely wonderful! Great with kids too! I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Without a doubt the worse dr I've ever been to. I was referred to her by my spine surgeon. At the time I thought she was good until she misdiagnosed me. She sent me for an MRI looking for a tethered spinal cord, to bad she never bothered to actually read it. I was told it was normal over the phone. She never made a follow up appt and told me I just had to "deal with it" I wasn't properly diagnosed until a year later. I had surgery to fix it but I will live with the consequences of nerve damage for the rest of my life. I'm only 17 and in chronic pain. I can't even stand to look at her face in a magazine, it makes me nauseous... WORST DOCTOR EVER!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

i love her. we have gone to see her for years. we drive 4 hrs just to see her. she takes the time to talk to us and really listen to us.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

Very overly confident and snide comments are a given. She likes to operate thats for sure. Beware of her techniques and are you sure she tells you the complete story - meaning yes she can "fix" this or that but does she tell ou the risks as well? Not in our case and we are still paying for her recommendations 4 year later with multiple surgeries and life long consequences.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

After a horrible experience with another Pediatric orthopedist in town, Dr. Jacks was a breath of fresh air. She listened to our concerns and spelled out exactly what we would be dealing with for the next several years in terms of my child's injury and the infection that resulted from it. She is great with children and treats parents with respect. I feel that my child is in excellent hands with her and only wish she had been our first orthopedist, instead of our second, as I feel confident some of the issues we endured with the first doctor would never have occurred if we'd seen Dr. Jacks in the first place.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

We went to see Dr Jacks for my son's ankle cysts. The office was over crowded, and when we finally saw Dr Jacks she spoke in a manner that felt very demeaning. She was cockie and rude. Told us that maybe if we do not to look at his cyst anymore it won't bother us. Asked stupid questions and made crude remarks, even suggesting that we (the parents) made more of it than it was. It causes him a great deal of pain, and he told her himself, but she didn't seem to hear him say this as she was too busy lecturing us. Later that day the office called back and said that Dr Jacks would like us to get an MRI just to make sure it's nothing else. What? Time for a second opinion. Run don't walk from this one, she is no good.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2009

Please Please do not ever go to this doctor! After performing a "routine" surgery my son went back in the hospital for over a month. We were never told of any risks associated with this surgery. After the surgery he was in sooooo much pain, due to nerve damage that was done during the surgery, that he had to go on multiple medications including OXYCOTIN! He was so drugged just to keep him out of pain that he couldn't even eat or function. He lost a complete year of his life and has now had 4 more surgeries just to try to rid him of some of the pain that he is in daily! Dr. Jacks has NEVER EVEN CALLED us to check on him or his progress!!!!! She has ruined our lives!!! Please heed my warning and DO NOT take your child to this Dr.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

Dr. Jacks treats children, including those with special needs such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida and bone/joint disorders. She is very knowledgeable, has an extraordinary memory and is extremely kid-friendly. In our area if you see a kid with a cast that has pretty bows, ribbons, sparkles or other cool adornments attached he/she is probably a patient of Dr. Jacks! Dr. Jacks does not rush into and out of appointments; she takes time to answer your questions. It is obvious Dr. Jacks really cares about the children she treats.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Dr. Laura K. Jacks's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)