Ratings for Dr. Richard T. Brittingham

I wish I could say that I had a good report , Dr. Brittingham. Oh he knows what he's talking about, and knows the words. My Father has been seeing him for some time, I kept hearing how the Doctors back is to me, and he is always looking at his computer. I did meet the Doctor, and he sounded like he knew the answers. He wanted me to try to convince my Father to go into Hospice. This is what I noticed, He talked to me, while it seemed that he had the three extra people in there. One by the window, she was typing, like a Court Reporter. I felted like he was covering himself. Now I don't know much about COPD, but I have done a lot of research in the past two days. He was right about needing oxygen, 24/7, he's right about several things, and I looked up many of the words he mentioned. I got the picture, so he knows what he's talking about. My Dad doesn't think the doctor cares, he has felt that for some time. I would have personally changed Doctors, if I felt that way. But I'm not my Dad. Now with the information that I found, I need to convince my Dad, where we were wrong. I don't think the Doctor means to seem uncaring, I really don't. I do think he's seen a lot of patients like my Dad, and because of it, he seems to think he knows the answer, before he is given the answer. In my book, Knowledge is not enough, maybe if he would position himself in such a way, that he would be facing the patient. Looking up from the key board might help. My Dad doesn't hear that well, so facing the back of a person, when talking, He felt not important. Now that my Dad needs a good doctor, he's freaking out a little bit. He's losing his way of life, and the Doctor isn't taking the time, to consider him as a Fellow warrior. Because that is what my Dad is, and he's used to being listened to, and having his oxygen taken out of his home, the day after his last visit with the doctor, doesn't help with the trust issue. I don't think he means to be rude, but he is. Yesterday morning, I faxed him, with an order that he had filled out for the oxygen, I circled what my Dad had wanted instead. I haven't heard from him, yet. I guess I'll see what happens.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

He is rude and waiting periods least 3-4 hours . He has a bad humor especially someone has illness.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr Brittingham claims to be a Christian that cares about his patients well fare but he kept putting off & cancelling my appointments until it was 5 months between 1st & 2nd visit. Then when I asked for a referral. To a psychiatrist he promptly discharged me. I had to go to medical director just to get my pain medication for 30 days to have an opportunity to find a new Dr. He's very rude& hostile & doesn't want to treat anybody who needs medication especially for mental health. He was not only cruel he put my life in danger. I would recommend to anyone don't waste your time with him and if you do be prepared to be treated rudely with a complete lack of empathy

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

He is great doctor, good personality. However, every time I have an appointment I have to wait at least an hour, we were told would be better after no walk-ins, however, now there are appointments specially for sick call appointments, so now I waited 1.5hrs in a freezing cold exam room (heat was out in that section!) and then was told there were two more in front of me. My question is why does he even have walk-ins, sick calls etc., when there's a perfectly good urgent care center, Med Express, which I have used! Can' t sick people be sent there, and leave Dr. Brittingham free to treat his regular patients, who made appointments weeks ago!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

This is a doctor who inspired trust and confidence.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I am 65 and retired Army. My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Brittingham for our health care for about seven years. He has provided the best health care I could hope for in a personal physician. Dr. Brittingham is retired Army but started as a Marine. He served in Viet Nam as a Marine and was instrumental in the survival of a helicopter crew in January 1968 . In an attempt to resupply ammunition and medical supplies USMC Corporal Brittingham flew as a door gunner on the tail end chopper designated "Tail End Charlie". His UH-1 "Huey" had a massive amount of ammunition to resupply the besieged troops at Khe Sanh which had been under relentless attack from 3 NVA Divisions for weeks and were dangerously low on supplies. As they were landing at an LZ just outside Khe Sanh the seven helicopters were ambushed by hundreds of NVA regulars. Marine Corporal Brittingham was instrumental in saving the crew and helicopter he was on by single handed use of an M-60 machine gun to lay down withering fire on both sides of Tail End Charlie since the second gunner was incapacitated due to wounds. Corporal Brittingham took many wounds from the NVA and he continued to fire till all his ammo was gone and lay bleeding from massive wounds he had taken to help save his crew. The Helicopter he was on was severally damaged but made it back to Da Nang Airbase. Corporal Brittingham was unconscious from his many wounds when they landed back at Da Nang but woke long enough to ask the Pilot when they took him from the aircraft, "Are we done for the day Sir?". This is a man who served, and had the drive to help those in need. Later in life he became a Doctor to care for and serve those he was given the responsibility to help through his God given talents. He takes minimal days off to pursue his leisure. He goes to his patients homes after hours and on weekends. His drive is to help others which he has great aptitude for. I love and respect this man like no other I have known. We are truly blessed that God provided a person in our world that cares as he does. When you go to his office and do not feel treated daintily or have to wait a little extra time to see this Doctor who can not turn down someone who needs health care, remember, basically he is a Marine. Give him a little slack. - MSG Lawrence Brewer US Army EOD retired.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I had my first new patient apt with this doctor the other day. I had already looked him up and his reputation as being good at what he does is an understatement. This doctor was very aggressive and concerned about my care over the past years and explained to me all the things my previous doctor missed. His office is very busy and his staff was very friendly given how busy the phones were ringing and handling patients. I didn't wait long and he ordered a lot of tests he felt was necessary and started me on some new blood pressure medication. I observed he worked very closely with his office manager as his go to person in getting all my referrals and appointments scheduled before I left the office. She was very sweet and explained to me who each doctor was and what procedure I would be getting done . I would definitely recommend him as a go to doctor, the new medications already have me feeling better.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I am a patient of this doctor he is always nice ans so is the staff, he was very concerned about my health and the nurses were really sweet. The office manager was very caring by getting me appt within 1 day as a new patient. As soon as i walked in i went straight to my room. I think i will stck with this doctor he is the first to actually care about my health and i would recommend him to other people.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I like a doctor that tells it like it is. Yet, he is also friendly and will take a few minutes to visit with you about other things concerning you like other family members, car, TV's even sometimes his health making him more human and like a real friend.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

My mother was on hospice dying from pancratic cancer and none of her doctors came to the house and she was too sick to go to the office.. So we got Dr Brittingham and he came to the house and he took care of her. She was in lot of pain and he got her pain under control in like an hour. He hugged her and he got down on his knees to be close to her. After that she was comfortable until she died a couple days later. We are so grateful for the care he provided

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr. Richard T. Brittingham's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)