Ratings for Dr. Richard T. Brittingham

He is rude and waiting periods least 3-4 hours . He has a bad humor especially someone has illness.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr Brittingham claims to be a Christian that cares about his patients well fare but he kept putting off & cancelling my appointments until it was 5 months between 1st & 2nd visit. Then when I asked for a referral. To a psychiatrist he promptly discharged me. I had to go to medical director just to get my pain medication for 30 days to have an opportunity to find a new Dr. He's very rude& hostile & doesn't want to treat anybody who needs medication especially for mental health. He was not only cruel he put my life in danger. I would recommend to anyone don't waste your time with him and if you do be prepared to be treated rudely with a complete lack of empathy

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

He is great doctor, good personality. However, every time I have an appointment I have to wait at least an hour, we were told would be better after no walk-ins, however, now there are appointments specially for sick call appointments, so now I waited 1.5hrs in a freezing cold exam room (heat was out in that section!) and then was told there were two more in front of me. My question is why does he even have walk-ins, sick calls etc., when there's a perfectly good urgent care center, Med Express, which I have used! Can' t sick people be sent there, and leave Dr. Brittingham free to treat his regular patients, who made appointments weeks ago!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

This is a doctor who inspired trust and confidence.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I am 65 and retired Army. My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Brittingham for our health care for about seven years. He has provided the best health care I could hope for in a personal physician. Dr. Brittingham is retired Army but started as a Marine. He served in Viet Nam as a Marine and was instrumental in the survival of a helicopter crew in January 1968 . In an attempt to resupply ammunition and medical supplies USMC Corporal Brittingham flew as a door gunner on the tail end chopper designated "Tail End Charlie". His UH-1 "Huey" had a massive amount of ammunition to resupply the besieged troops at Khe Sanh which had been under relentless attack from 3 NVA Divisions for weeks and were dangerously low on supplies. As they were landing at an LZ just outside Khe Sanh the seven helicopters were ambushed by hundreds of NVA regulars. Marine Corporal Brittingham was instrumental in saving the crew and helicopter he was on by single handed use of an M-60 machine gun to lay down withering fire on both sides of Tail End Charlie since the second gunner was incapacitated due to wounds. Corporal Brittingham took many wounds from the NVA and he continued to fire till all his ammo was gone and lay bleeding from massive wounds he had taken to help save his crew. The Helicopter he was on was severally damaged but made it back to Da Nang Airbase. Corporal Brittingham was unconscious from his many wounds when they landed back at Da Nang but woke long enough to ask the Pilot when they took him from the aircraft, "Are we done for the day Sir?". This is a man who served, and had the drive to help those in need. Later in life he became a Doctor to care for and serve those he was given the responsibility to help through his God given talents. He takes minimal days off to pursue his leisure. He goes to his patients homes after hours and on weekends. His drive is to help others which he has great aptitude for. I love and respect this man like no other I have known. We are truly blessed that God provided a person in our world that cares as he does. When you go to his office and do not feel treated daintily or have to wait a little extra time to see this Doctor who can not turn down someone who needs health care, remember, basically he is a Marine. Give him a little slack. - MSG Lawrence Brewer US Army EOD retired.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I had my first new patient apt with this doctor the other day. I had already looked him up and his reputation as being good at what he does is an understatement. This doctor was very aggressive and concerned about my care over the past years and explained to me all the things my previous doctor missed. His office is very busy and his staff was very friendly given how busy the phones were ringing and handling patients. I didn't wait long and he ordered a lot of tests he felt was necessary and started me on some new blood pressure medication. I observed he worked very closely with his office manager as his go to person in getting all my referrals and appointments scheduled before I left the office. She was very sweet and explained to me who each doctor was and what procedure I would be getting done . I would definitely recommend him as a go to doctor, the new medications already have me feeling better.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I am a patient of this doctor he is always nice ans so is the staff, he was very concerned about my health and the nurses were really sweet. The office manager was very caring by getting me appt within 1 day as a new patient. As soon as i walked in i went straight to my room. I think i will stck with this doctor he is the first to actually care about my health and i would recommend him to other people.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I like a doctor that tells it like it is. Yet, he is also friendly and will take a few minutes to visit with you about other things concerning you like other family members, car, TV's even sometimes his health making him more human and like a real friend.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

My mother was on hospice dying from pancratic cancer and none of her doctors came to the house and she was too sick to go to the office.. So we got Dr Brittingham and he came to the house and he took care of her. She was in lot of pain and he got her pain under control in like an hour. He hugged her and he got down on his knees to be close to her. After that she was comfortable until she died a couple days later. We are so grateful for the care he provided

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I know that some of you will say that this is far to deep but all that are not connected to the vine find that we are to deep or to religious the fact being not some but all meetings are not by chance. As for mine it was two years ago that I was diagnosed with a terminal cancer and my oncologist referred me to Dr.Richard Brittingham I felt at the time that I was just being passed off until the what was described as terminal took place at our first meeting I was mad and very emotional and for the next hour Dr.B.took the onslaught never once getting mad for the onslaught of the medical professionals including him as I became rational he then began to ask me to please give him a chance, if I felt this later it would not be any hard feelings if I chose someone else for palliative care. The medical cost as most know for cancer treatment is unreal far to costly even with insurance he has taken this in account, he has given me his phone number (personal )how many of your Dr.will do this,gotten sick after hour's and was invited to his house to see me to save me time and money, he has went out of his way when I was having trouble with receiving my meds. This Man that so many has slanderous said, on the weekend got a pharmacist to open up an fill my meds. Ask yourself truthfully does this resembles a person that some has hurtful tried to equate Dr. Colonel, Vietnam War vet Richard Brittingham to. Man I discern that one some of you have been use to being stroked by your former Dr. an when some come in contact with a no nonsense person you then try to degrade him. I say to you Dr. B. (saved for his friends ) change not your standards for know man or woman, I say to you Dr.B. I thank God for you, the care,the professional man that you are but most of all I thank God for you listening that one winter day. I thank God for the Friendship. Respectively submitTed Terry Wyche.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. Richard T. Brittingham's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal