Ratings for Dr. Thomas Balshi

Run, don't walk away from this office. I was told I was paying for three treatments for $600 and after the second if these treatments I was told that my original treatment which I obtained from a silent auction . Was one one of the three treatment ts. I was deceived and my money taken under a misconception. S Shame on thme for that duplicity.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

The office and staff are definitely the best in the area! Dr Balshi spent a lot of time with me. I went in for a cosmetic procedure, but he also did a skin screening. The office has all the newest and best lasers. I did a lot of research ahead of time because I had not been happy at other offices. Dr. Balshi is the real deal. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin since my laser treatment and botox. I'm really happy with the results. I will go back.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I called ahead and they said they took my insurance. When I left I had to pay $175 even though my specialist copay was $45. Seemed strange but I am not a billing specialist and trusted them. I got a statement from Florid Blue saying claim was denied since Dr Balshi is out of network even though the receptionist told me several times they accepted my insurance. My insurance company informed me they didn't bill the claim correctly and his group of doctors is a member but not him. I think they should know that and Blue Cross is not a small company. I brought this up the the medical staff and they informed me they would put in a manual claim. It has been two months and no claim is showing on Florida Blue website. The Dr's staff didn't really seem that concerned or knowledgable every time I try to follow up with them. I need a follow up appointment and now have to find another Dr. ANNOYED!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

I recently went to Dr. Balshi for some basic treatments that I would think any dermatologist would be able to do. WRONG. My treatments have made my skin worse and now he refuses to follow up with me and acknowledge the mistakes.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

I wish I could delete the last review I wrote because I am extremely pleased with Dr. Balshi's work and am very impressed. While it was an uncomfortable recovery, Dr. Balshi does beautiful work and is very reasonably priced. Everyone has been complimentling my skin and it was really worth it. All my acne scars are gone and I have completely different skin now. The texture is very smooth and I no longer have visible pores. Once the business week started, I was able to get an appointment right away and am very happy I had this procedure done. Thank you Dr. Balshi.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

I had an aggressive laser procedure done and was told I would receive a call shortly after I left. I did not receive a call so I attemped to reach their office many times. Their phone rang off the hook with absolutely no voice mail or emergency answering phone service. I received no post operative instructions and was panicking as I was in pain, and never had this procedure done before. I also was never asked to fill out a medical history form. I finally got a follow up call in the afternoon, of the next day. This did me absolutely no good because I woke up in pain and had never been instructed or contacted post laser. The following Monday I called the office and was horrified about how rude one staff member was. I was basically told to stop calling because Dr. Balshi had a death in his family and I had to respect that. This had me wondering are you even a real doctor's office!? I would run not walk,because as a patient this is no way to be treated.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Dr. Balshi has been treating me for 6 years and I thought we had a good patient/doctor relationship. He has recently left the practice he was associated with and opened a new practice on Atlantic Ave(I know this because I saw an ad in the local paper)in Delray Beach. I had a dermatologic emergency and called his office to make an appointment. Iwas told he was no longer associated with the practice and they went on to tell me that he laft no forwording address or phone number. When I called the number of his new office all I got was his personal voice mail which happened to be full, so I couldn't even leave a message. That was the case for several days. I finaLLY GAVE UP AND CALLED A NEW DOCTOR. Is this any way to treat your patients?! I think not. Shame on you, Dr. Balshi.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

I went to see IRA SCHLESINGER and ended up with this guy. I explained what symptoms I had to him. He said he had something like this before and couldn't figure out what it was. I thought he was a doc? I didnt like the fact he left the door open so everyone could here my problems. He prescribed me some meds which didn't work. Off to find anther doc again. ugh

flag | Submitted September 13, 2008