Ratings for Dr. Edward A. Legako

This doctor was my premature son's doctor back in 1983.. I took him to see the doctor & the doctor took a chest x-ray & said he had fluid on his lungs. He gave me a prescription & told me to call him if he got worse. In Less than 24 hours my son passed away. We had an Autopsy done & my son had Pneumonia. This doctor Knew he was a premie & that his lungs were not completely developed, why he was not admitted to the hospital I do not know..

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr. Legako was my preemie's doctor. On one Jan. day I took my son to him & he did a chest x-ray & said he had some fluid on his lungs. Gave me a script & told me if he gets worse to call him.. Well, in less than 24 hours my son was dying. My son died at CMH because the doctor did not put him into the hospital, the doctor knew he was a preemie!!! My son had Pneumonia!!!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

One of the best doctors. He was not my child's pediatrician but when were planning to take her to emergency he suggested us to see him in office. So thankful that saved us time, money and trauma my child would have gone through if she was admitted in ER.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Legako is very knowledgeable and is current on his education and medical issues/techniques. I have NEVER been treated rudely in that office and as far as being rushed...that has never been my experience in fact, he will answer every question I have in full detail. I too, have forgotten to ask questions but then call to have them answered. He is one of very few doctors that will call you back the very same day. If you call before 10am you get a call during the lunch hour. If you call later in the day...you get a call before he goes home. In fact, he will let me know if he is on call or not as I will not take my child to any other doctor because I trust his opinion so much. I have a child that is a sickly child and we depend on him and the office a lot. He is not a "touchy-feel y" kind of person but he is kind and is straight forward with his opinion and knowledge. I am not from the Lawton area and was very skeptical when looking for a pediatrician but have been so happy with our choice thus far. The best thing is if I have booked an appointment, I have never had to wait longer than 30 from checking in to leaving. If I don't and am worked in that day it has taken an hour but it is worth it if my child needs to be seen.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

I chose to remove my child from Dr. Legako's care for two reasons. He always seems in a hurry. So much so, that I would realize once we left that I forgot to ask questions because he didn't give me any time to ask them. The other is that I prefer a doctor who uses gloves when examining my child in certain areas, and he does not.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

This is the most UNCARING individual! My foster child is on Medicaid and she recevied the worst treatment. A dog would have better treatment than this child...Staff is VERY RUDE! A person's care/treatment should not be determined by the type of insurance or type of payment the doctor will receive. If this is the case then WHY are you in patient care, especially children! Everyone should receive the same treatment and respect as the next, regardly of money. This man talk to me as if I was an uneducated person that knew nothing, but does judge the book by the cover. Yes, I did look a mess, but that did not determine who I was as a person. Please DO NOT was your time. Yes, he does have a good report with the community because of who he is, but one on one, VERY RUDE, UNCARING, and HATEFUL!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

I have three children and have been taking them to Dr. legako for 9 years. Would not trust anybody else.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

Dr. Legako is a trusted name in our area. He has been practicing for many years. He was my pediatrician as child, and now is for my children. Extremely knowledgeable, friendly, trustworthy, personable, and caring. Office staff very helpful and willing to help 24-7.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2008

My two children have been going to Dr. Legako for 9 years. I trust his judgement and his knowledge in taking care of my children. He is the best.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

He is a great doctor. Both my son and daughter like him very much. He is very knowledgeable. He takes very good care of his patients. You couldn't put your children in better hands.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

Dr. Edward A. Legako's Credentials

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 73190 (Grad. 1978)

• BCBS Illinois